Where to store fish in Anchorage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to store fish in Anchorage

We're coming up in August, and will be fishing different areas (Mat Su rivers, Homer, Seward, Valdez). I need a place to store frozen fish while we are out and about. I know about the airport, but at 15 bucks a day per box we're looking at a 300$ or more potential bill. Anyone know of a cheaper alternative, or better yet, anyone in Anchorage area have some freezer space they'd make available. I can pay cash or a few fillets roud:, your choice.

The processor my wife & I use stores our fish at no charge until we leave. Granted our processor is in Soldotna, but you can ask the processor you plan to use in Anchorage & see if they offer the same deal.

Comment

" I know about the airport, but at 15 bucks a day per box we're looking at a 300$ or more potential bill."

Yikes, that could be a bit spendy for sure Fishfood!

We'll be in the same situation in early August so thanks for bringing this question up. Possibly a butcher shop or grocery store might be able to help us? Maybe find a processor closer to Anchorage?

- Jay

Comment

Send me a PM.
        "Safety does not happen by accident, it's a choice"

Comment

Got your PM there RustyMonkey. Thanks much for the offer. The six of us might strain your available space a bit but let me know what you think.

- Jay

Comment

Originally posted by fishfood View Post
            We're coming up in August, and will be fishing different areas (Mat Su rivers, Homer, Seward, Valdez). I need a place to store frozen fish while we are out and about. I know about the airport, but at 15 bucks a day per box we're looking at a 300$ or more potential bill. Anyone know of a cheaper alternative, or better yet, anyone in Anchorage area have some freezer space they'd make available. I can pay cash or a few fillets roud:, your choice.
            In the good old days I believe 10th & M did that.
            Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X