Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Alaskacanoe,
    I just read your post thoroughly and a lot of good points, the cc thing is definitely a double edged sword. It can add up to a lot of money in a years time.........I have never raised my prices to account for the fee.....but have sure considered it.
    One of the "supposed" advantages to taking cards is the money is in your account right away.............but not always true, we tried a new "provider" last fall and they were supposed to be cheaper..........well come to find out that was not the case...........they did not make the transfer right away, they were hanging on to the money for 3-5 days and they had some fees that amounted to double dipping as far as I was concerned. We no longer use that company, if you are taking CC's it pays to do the research and pin down the fees.

I think Soldotna Hardware has the right idea on license sales..................cash only, makes sense to me.
    “Ideologies separate us. Dreams and anguish bring us together.”
    ― Eugene Ionesco
    "FREEDOM" Only those that are denied truly know what it means.

Comment

Pretty much anytime I am in a non chain store I'll ask if they give a discount for cash. 98% say no, so I whip out the plastic and get the air miles.
      On the opposite side, when a potential customer is in my booth and asks for a discount my response is sure, if you pay cash. Not check, but cash. Most will then just use their plastic.
      The amount of bank fee's I pay as a very small business owner are staggering. The widespread use of plastic has pretty much caused price increases in most all businesses that accept it.

But wow, $60 to launch? I'll never go back to Deep Creek unless I can launch my jet boat on the beach myself.

Comment

Don't know how mutch it costs to tractor launch at Anchor PT, I would think it is about the same. But it's over $200 to be pulled out when you get stuck, If the tractors are not pulling or launching boats that have paid. So if your going to do it your self take two trucks.

Comment

Originally posted by MGH55 View Post
          Don't know how mutch it costs to tractor launch at Anchor PT, I would think it is about the same. But it's over $200 to be pulled out when you get stuck, If the tractors are not pulling or launching boats that have paid. So if your going to do it your self take two trucks.
          I've heard it costs more than double that to get pulled out on the Kenai beach in July. Its a cool homemade rig (beach tires, all modifications to the base jeep are homemade) that shows up, run by a really nice guy. I've spoken with him a few times, but never (yet) had a need for his services. Between calls sometimes he just runs around on the sand, knowing his next client will arrive soon.

Comment

I have seen the tractors at Deep Creek charge 250 to pull a truck and boat off the beach and that was at the end of the day when they where not busy. If they are busy they will let your truck go underwater.

On a side note, I have a small business and I charge the extra percentage on all CC transactions. I call it "handling" and it goes along with shipping..... if you pay with a check you only get charged shipping. There are plenty of times that if I did not do this I would actually loose money on a transaction. I used to charge the percentage as a fee for CC use but was told it was illegal to call it that, so you just have to call it something else.
            2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X