X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $112 halibut GROUPON

Who got in on this deal ? I was going to but they sold out

http://www.groupon.com/deals/discove...&date=20110421
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Roger,
    i have two but might not need them, PM me and we can arrange something.
    p.s you can have them for cost, i'm not looking to make a buck

Comment

I hope that this works out for those people who bought it. They claim that they sold 1000 of these deals. Valid from May 1- Sept 5 2011. No cash back and subject to availability. 1000 people, 125 days to use it. Seems a little fishy to me.
      http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...gpic3804_1.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Soundfisher View Post
        I hope that this works out for those people who bought it. They claim that they sold 1000 of these deals. Valid from May 1- Sept 5 2011. No cash back and subject to availability. 1000 people, 125 days to use it. Seems a little fishy to me.
        You have to note that this price is just for a spot on the boat, not the entire charter. If you figure they can get 6 people per boat, then they are probably just fine when you figure that a certain percentage won't cash in on the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by anchskier View Post
          You have to note that this price is just for a spot on the boat, not the entire charter. If you figure they can get 6 people per boat, then they are probably just fine when you figure that a certain percentage won't cash in on the deal.
          I more than understand that it is just a spot. Heck, $112 wont even get my boat to the water. They say they run a 6 pack boat. Hopefully they have more than one, because 125 days X 6 people=750 best case scenerio. What about weather days, and prior bookings? I really hope that it works out for you guys. It just seems that some people may not be so happy with the outcome.
          http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...gpic3804_1.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Soundfisher View Post
            I more than understand that it is just a spot. Heck, $112 wont even get my boat to the water. They say they run a 6 pack boat. Hopefully they have more than one, because 125 days X 6 people=750 best case scenerio. What about weather days, and prior bookings? I really hope that it works out for you guys. It just seems that some people may not be so happy with the outcome.
            I own a small marketing/advertising with my wife and we've worked/dealt with a lot of ex-groupon companies that are extremely disappointed with the results. A lot of them do it because they get a quick kickback of that money, but they end up paying for it over the next several months. A lot of the businesses I speak with end up losing staff because they are tired of doing freebies for people who bought these deals.

The main problem I see with a charter doing this, is that there isnt much extra these groupon people can buy when they come in to do the charter. At least restaurants can sell you a beer or two, but what can a charter offer extra to make more money on these? Tip might be worth it I guess, but in my experience, many people who search for these deals do not always tip much.

Anyways, I hope they do well with it and gain long term clients.

I also hope those who have purchased it get treated right, and not treated like a 'coupon' client and just brought to a chicken hole.
            Random guy in Fly shop: "Where did this happen???? In real life or in Alaska?"

Comment

Sounds like going on standby to me, and they might be running two 6 hr trips per day.

Comment

wow! In reality, pretty hard to fish much more than 100 days a summer with weather days, IF they could fish 2 trips a day they could squeeze them in. if they had two or 3 baots they would be able to do it for sure. Certainly is A LOT of people to turn at that kind of money, best of luck to the provider, and the recipients, hopefully everyone has fun!
                www.polebendersfishing.com

Comment

In looking at the company website, I'm not sure they have their own boats. It looks to be more of a booking type agency who sells fishing packages

Comment

My wife bought one for her dad who is only going to be in town for a week. Doesn't bode well, maybe I'll get to use it.
                    My only gear sponsor is the salvation army - Dick Griffith

Comment

Originally posted by scott_rn View Post
                      My wife bought one for her dad who is only going to be in town for a week. Doesn't bode well, maybe I'll get to use it.
                      If you know when he will be here, book the slot now. Don't wait until then and hope you can get in last minute.

Comment

Does anyone know who the charter is? I got a bad feeling this isn't going to end well.

Comment

Originally posted by jtm9 View Post
                          Does anyone know who the charter is? I got a bad feeling this isn't going to end well.
                          I agree it sounds real Hokey to me.
                          There's a fine line between fishing....

and standing on the shore like an idiot! ALLEN BRADLEY-TANGLE LAKES ADVOCATE/FANBOY

Comment

Originally posted by javalina View Post
                            Roger,
                            i have two but might not need them, PM me and we can arrange something.
                            p.s you can have them for cost, i'm not looking to make a buck
                            If Roger isn't interested, I'd take 'em off your hands. (I'm in between Soldotna and Sterling). Send me a PM with your number if you want to get together.

Comment

the homepage link to a book on whitetail hunting isn't real confidence inspiring, nor could i figure out what boat, or even if they had one...
                              Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
                              http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X