Trolling Plugs and Hardbaits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trolling Plugs and Hardbaits

Has anyone had luck trolling plugs or hardbaits?
    Last edited by RustyMonkey; 04-18-2011, 13:33. Reason: I can't spell....
    "Safety does not happen by accident, it's a choice"

Recently? At all?

Not sure what you're asking exactly, but I've caught a number of silvers out in Prince William Sound trolling k-14, k-15, and k-16 kwikfish without weights or downriggers.

Comment

Have not trolled J-Plugs but have had good success with Yozuri Chrystal Minnows and Brads Baits

Comment

I use apex trolling lures all the time out in Prince William Sound. They are deadly.
        Here is a link to what I am talking about: http://www.hotspotlures.com/products_apex_troll.php
        sigpicSpending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Comment

I use Tomic plugs and Yo-Zuri plugs quite often for silvers.

Comment

Originally posted by RustyMonkey View Post
            Has anyone had luck trolling plugs or hardbaits?
            There was a good thread in here last year where we kicked around non-herring baits. I only use brad's super cut plugs for all my salmon fishing including mooching and trolling. Talk to Mutt, he's a big fan of them, LOL.
            In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Comment

Originally posted by tlingitwarrior View Post
              There was a good thread in here last year where we kicked around non-herring baits. I only use brad's super cut plugs for all my salmon fishing including mooching and trolling. Talk to Mutt, he's a big fan of them, LOL.

I second the Brad's super cuts. They have worked well for kings and silvers on our boat.
              Boatless

Comment

Nice info. I was just wondering what people were using, not necessarily when or for a specific species.

I have some Yo Zuri and Mark Whites I wanted to try out this year. The Mark whites kill GT's on Maui and Oahu so I fugured I would give it a shot.
                "Safety does not happen by accident, it's a choice"

Comment

FWIW, Krocodile spoons and Apexes are the the preferred hard baits down here around Bodega Bay to Monterrey. The kings and cohos both like them. We usually run the Apexes behind a flasher on a 5' leader. The long leader keeps the bait from moving around so much that the salmon have trouble hitting it. THe flasher serves 2 purposes: it is an attractor and it catches some of the weeds and jellyfish that would otherwise end up on that nice big lip on the Apexes. Most guys run the spoons straight to the line, particularly when they are stacking on downriggers and the other rig has a flasher.

Big_E

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X