Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What trip are you really looking forward to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What trip are you really looking forward to?

Well its wont be too long and we will be back out in force. What trip are you looking forward to most? What new spots (general) or stratagies are you going to try this year?
    I cant wait to head out halibut fishing again out of Homer and i am going to fish salmon heads this year and try for a bigger fish. We are also going to try and chase Silvers out of Homer this year too as i will be up July 18-31st. I cant wait to hit the Kenai for reds either. I just cant wait to be up in AK fishing again!

Sitka!!!! My wife and I make an annual trip but we couldn't make it last year. Going to be there the last week of June. I'm hoping the feeder kings will still be around.

Comment

Hoping the July Homer weather is much better this year. Would like to chase some Lings before the charter boats pound it super hard.

Reds in June and July .
      "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Comment

First trip to SE in July and first time I get to do multiple days in a row on a skiff/boat for hali's, Lings & rock fish.

also gonna try mooching for the first time. Should be awesome!
        Random guy in Fly shop: "Where did this happen???? In real life or in Alaska?"

Comment

My first trip up this year to PWS with 2 of my boys...whatever we catch we'll have a great time!

KGPCR: tip on fishing those salmon heads....pink heads are the best, and split them long ways (so leaving a cheek, eye, gill on each half), leaving all the brains etc in there, they hit them better that way and leave more of the circle hook exposed to hook up!

Comment

Cruising SE for the summer. Fishing crabbing shrimping too, of course, and Whales!
            Richard Cook
            Dream Catcher (Nordic Tug 37)
            "Cruising in a Big Way"

Comment

Yakutat! Hali's and silvers in August. First time in Yakutat can't wait

Comment

Homer combo trip & Whittier shrimping this July. Have not fished for lings or went shrimping. Really looking forward to this years trip.

And who knows:
                THIS MAY BE THE YEAR THAT I CONVINCE THE SIGNIFICANT OTHER TO MOVE TO ALASKA (or atleast go up and work there in the summers)!!!!!!

Comment

Every Trip I Make

:confused: Every night when I know I'm going fishing in the morning,I start to get antsy.Not nervous,just anticipating so bad that I can hardly stand myself.Plus I know I turn into more of a pain in the butt for my wife.Kinda like a kid before the first day of school.I think if that feeling ever stops ,it might be time to hang up the poles.I doubt that that day will ever come as long as I still can breathe :topjob:.
                  Of course in the morning it gets worse.No time for breakfast,quick cup of coffee,hit the road and let's get on the water---now.......My attitude may make for a long day sometimes,but somewhere it is written----"God don't take away a day spent fishing".And I'm not sure how many I've got left.Do you ?:confused:

Comment

Originally posted by nuprofessor View Post

And who knows:
                    THIS MAY BE THE YEAR THAT I CONVINCE THE SIGNIFICANT OTHER TO MOVE TO ALASKA (or atleast go up and work there in the summers)!!!!!!
                    If you can get one of those spectacular sunny weeks out on Prince William Sound, it just might work. When my wife (then my girlfriend) first visited Alaska, we had a week on the water out of Whittier with nary a cloud in the sky or a ripple on the water. One year later we were driving a U-Haul with all her stuff across the border. Good luck, sir!

Comment

Whittier in mid-May. Four days of shrimp'n, black bear and sea otter hunting. Really looking forward to Waterfall trip in late June, that is always good times.
                      In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Comment

Originally posted by Hayduke View Post
                        Sitka!!!! My wife and I make an annual trip but we couldn't make it last year. Going to be there the last week of June. I'm hoping the feeder kings will still be around.
                        Last week of June should be good king fishing. I spent a week in Salsbury sound in late June and we killed them.

Comment

Originally posted by tlingitwarrior View Post
                          Really looking forward to Waterfall trip in late June, that is always good times.
                          Should be some big fish around at that time, late June to late July at the cape or Pineapple, my favorite time of the season.

Comment

I spend many days out on PWS. Each trip truly is a trip of a life time. Spring is here and with it the cruising season.
                            sigpicSpending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by AkKings View Post
                              Should be some big fish around at that time, late June to late July at the cape or Pineapple, my favorite time of the season.
                              You know I can legally take care of that Sea lion at the pineapple. Love that place. Cape U is my all time favorite though, caught a 48lb there in 2008. Which boat do you run? I've probably been on it at one time over the years.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X