Mid-Late April Homer Halibut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid-Late April Homer Halibut

Anybody have any luck out of Homer for halibut in mid-late April. Was looking at doing a trip weather permitting during the last two weeks. I have never fished that early in the year in Kachemak bay so any info would be great. I would imagine since the lack of salmon and food they would still be aways out but let me know please.

If it were me... Wx permitting... I'd head out SoWest of Pt Adam, about 30 miles out from the end of the Spit.../John

Comment

Hay slick. there's plenty of halibut in the bay! were getting hit by them threw out the day well were cod jigging! If you just need some meat for the freezer, you can get into some 15 to 20 pound fish out in about 30 fathoms anywhere along the southbeach 10,12,13 miles from town, hope that helps! see ya out there!!

Comment

Although you wont catch anything big probably, you can catch them around the Seldovia area
        Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Comment

If you want halibut I would book w/ Muttleys Crew there in Homer. The beauty of fishing w/ muttley is you get your limit pretty quick, that way Dave has time to put you on some kings on your way back to town, the thing I like best is a guy doesn't have to run out and buy the big bags for your vacuum sealer...Lets just say portion control on the fillets won't be a problem, perfect for on the go couples :whistle:

<edit> oh wait I notice you have your own boat! Disregard the above
          Last edited by fullbush; 04-03-2011, 18:37. Reason: I'm tired, so sorry
          sigpic

I'm taking a poll
          <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

Comment

I don't think muttley got any charter halibut quota, so cod, kings and rockfish are it right now.....
            Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
            http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Comment

Originally posted by homerdave View Post
              I don't think muttley got any charter halibut quota, so cod, kings and rockfish are it right now.....
              Oh roger that, I forgot...
              sigpic

I'm taking a poll
              <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

Comment

Mutts web site says he can take 4 people Halibut Fishing so my guess he got a temp permit.

Comment

daayyuuum - tough crowd.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X