SE Abundance index 1.69 for Kings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SE Abundance index 1.69 for Kings.

Will that be a 2 or 3 fish daily limit for kings, for residents? That's higher than last year.
    Alaska Wide Open Charters
    www.alaskawideopen.com
    907-965-0130

blah.. found it. Still 2 kings a day. How am I supposed to wipe out endangered runs down in Washington and Oregon if I can only keep 2 kings a day?
    www.alaskawideopen.com
    907-965-0130

Comment

Oops! I was looking at 2010. 2011 is indeed 3 kings, for residents! This is going to be fun! The last year we had a 3 king limit, the king fishing was stupid good!
      www.alaskawideopen.com
      907-965-0130

Comment

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static-sf...-11%28F%29.pdf

Annual limit of 5 for non-res. Must be a lot of kings in the ocean. Thank you Cora.
        www.alaskawideopen.com
        907-965-0130

Comment

yahooooooooo!!!!!!!
          lots of king salmon hopefully going in my freezer

Comment

Looks like ADF&G threw non-res. a bone as well, upping our limit to 1 a day, 5 for the year. Looking forward to catching my Columbia river fish as far away from that mess (Buoy 10) as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by AkKings View Post
              Looks like ADF&G threw non-res. a bone as well, upping our limit to 1 a day, 5 for the year.
              Fullbush doesn't concur
              I think they're just throwing the guides a bone because of the halibut deal. Proof that they'll sacrifice our salmon for the rich IFQ holders
              sigpic

I'm taking a poll
              <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

Comment

The daily and posession limits are frameworked into regulation by the Board of Fisheries (depending on the Abundance Index #). Cora (the Commissioner) didn't make these decisions.
                "Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something." --Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by fullbush View Post
                  Fullbush doesn't concur
                  I think they're just throwing the guides a bone because of the halibut deal. Proof that they'll sacrifice our salmon for the rich IFQ holders
                  So did ADF&G contact WA and OR and tell them to make up some strong return numbers to justify raising S.E. king limits? Been numerous newspaper articles here (WA-OR) lately talking about this years strong king returns, both numbers and size, predicting alot of 4 and 5 salt fish. But I'm sure all this talk is just to justify raising king limits in another state to keep people happy over the new halibut regs.

Comment

Originally posted by AkKings View Post
                    Looks like ADF&G threw non-res. a bone as well, upping our limit to 1 a day, 5 for the year. Looking forward to catching my Columbia river fish as far away from that mess (Buoy 10) as possible.
                    Yeah, I noticed that. Hoping for an amazing May/June of king fishing.
                    www.alaskawideopen.com
                    907-965-0130

Comment

Originally posted by fullbush View Post
                      Fullbush doesn't concur
                      Most charter anglers in my area come for 3 days of fishing, so the 5 a year limit won't benefit them that much.
                      www.alaskawideopen.com
                      907-965-0130

Comment

Most of our guests come for either 2 full/2 half days or 3 full/2 half days so it benefits us.
                        The springer run on the Columbia hasn't been anything great but wasn't predicted to be, that being said, the size average seems to be much larger then most years. Usually springers are typically 12 to 15 pounds with a 20 being a nice fish, this year there have been alot of low to mid 20's and more 30's then usual as well.

Comment

even if the Columbia gets a good run, there are still TONS of sea lions that are waiting at the dam for them...........

Comment

I have a question about sea lions. Would they sink or float if you shot one? Just wondering

Comment

Originally posted by vermilion View Post
                              even if the Columbia gets a good run, there are still TONS of sea lions that are waiting at the dam for them...........
                              Yeah but thats well after they pass through S.E. AK. ;-)

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X