109 pound King

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 109 pound King

Is anybody hearing the rumor about a huge King caught off of the beach in Whittier? I have had 2 calls today about the 109 pound King caught form shore. We have guys working there.

My first reaction was "I don't believe it. What was he fishing for from shore this time of year?"

Supposed to be on the news tonight. We'll see. If it is, I have one big but to kiss, dimmit.
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

109 pound king caught off the beach in Whittier is pretty hard to believe, but quite a long time ago, my dad and uncle caught a king commercial fishing that weighed over 100.
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Comment

All time world record 126.5 lb was caught in a fish trap near my hometown. They have it mounted in the museum in Petersburg. Pretty impressive.
      I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

Comment

Guess I'll have to pull out them pictures of me with the 140 lb King from back before the turn of the century!
        Mike

Comment

This thread is about 3 weeks ahead of it's time... ;-)
          "Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something." --Ron Swanson

Comment

I think somebody is bustin you bulls

Comment

Originally posted by akpolaris View Post
              I think somebody is bustin you bulls

what he said
              sigpic

Release Lake Trout

Comment

If and when the record falls, I doubt you'll have to wait till the evening news to hear the story and see the pics, at least not if its caught on my boat! ;-)

Comment

I might need to get out more! Or maybe I was looking for a good reason to get the boat ready!
                  Live life and love it
                  Love life and live it

Comment

Originally posted by AkKings View Post
                    If and when the record falls, I doubt you'll have to wait till the evening news to hear the story and see the pics, at least not if its caught on my boat! ;-)
                    No kidding. I've seen one monster king in my lifetime, swimming circles 3ft under my boat. I'll never forget that.
                    Alaska Wide Open Charters
                    www.alaskawideopen.com
                    907-965-0130

Comment

Originally posted by AKBoater View Post
                      All time world record 126.5 lb was caught in a fish trap near my hometown. They have it mounted in the museum in Petersburg. Pretty impressive.
                      Here's a pic of that freakish beast.
                      Attached Files
                      "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
                      sigpic
                      The KeenEye MD

Comment

WOW! awesome rumor! can wait to get my hooks in the water, you just never know when a giant king will bite!
                        Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
                        www.kodiakcombos.com

Comment

Well.....it all started with the guy who caught 109 baby kings on his sabiki jig off the rocks by the circle drive while fishing for herring. A couple beers later....and you got yourself a world record!

Comment

Originally posted by AKBoater View Post
                            I think there is a picture of my grandpa and two or three other guys holding that fish .... a memory from my childhood is a picture of my grandpa and some other guys holding a "127 lb." fish across their bellies like a big log.
                            "...just because we didn't agree with you doesn't mean we didn't have good discussion. It just means you missed it." -JMG-

Comment

Originally posted by bullbuster View Post
                              Is anybody hearing the rumor about a huge King caught off of the beach in Whittier? I have had 2 calls today about the 109 pound King caught form shore. We have guys working there.

My first reaction was "I don't believe it. What was he fishing for from shore this time of year?"

Supposed to be on the news tonight. We'll see. If it is, I have one big but to kiss, dimmit.
                              I don't know if that story is true but I have no doubt as to the possibility. Whittier isn't like Homer, theres actually some bigguns in Whittier, not feeder kings. Don't get me started on how much bigger the halibut are....:whistle:
                              sigpic

I'm taking a poll
                              <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X