Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are suppose to catch your own fish and not give them to other members in your group. Once the fish are off the boat and process you can then give them away. I do not think that it matters if you are on a charter or private boat.

Comment

Weird tangential hijack...
      We are fishing.
      Angler "A" grabs a rod with a fish on, angler "C" nets the fish at the boat while angler "B" steers around the other boats...
      The fish is angler A's fish. At the end of the derby, Angler A has a winning fish. It is his fish. He splits the winnings amongst all on the boat because they all played a part in landing the fish. as long as no one angler lands more that 2 salmon everything is fine.
      End of story.
      Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
      http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Comment

I have a 15 foot Zodie - you will have to split fuel and BOB (bring your own blanket) though.......

Comment

Originally posted by homerdave View Post
          Weird tangential hijack...
          We are fishing.
          Angler "A" grabs a rod with a fish on, angler "C" nets the fish at the boat while angler "B" steers around the other boats...
          The fish is angler A's fish. At the end of the derby, Angler A has a winning fish. It is his fish. He splits the winnings amongst all on the boat because they all played a part in landing the fish. as long as no one angler lands more that 2 salmon everything is fine.
          End of story.
          It seems simple enough to me.

Comment

Originally posted by jrogers View Post
            Muttley and Fullbush on the same boat. Now THATS a bad idea! If their real personalities are anything like what they are on the board, someone would end up in jail or dead, or both.
            Actually I disagree. Mut seems like a peaceful enough guy and I know I am. I think we'd knock the bottom out of the king salmon population is what I think.
            sigpic

I'm taking a poll
            <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

Comment

I work it pretty much the same way Homer Dave does, I give my friends the option before we go out, whether it is the Seward derby, Homer halibut, or Homer king derby. If everyone agrees to split the pot then that is what we would do, if not then whoever catches the winning fish wins, but I have never been out when everyone did not agree to split the pot. Unfortunately we havent had to worry about it either way, but one of these years.....................
              Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Comment

Originally posted by fullbush View Post
                Actually I disagree. Mut seems like a peaceful enough guy and I know I am. I think we'd knock the bottom out of the king salmon population is what I think.
                WHEW!!!!!!!! Thought I was going have to suck it up and take you out, glad you and muttley are back on boardroud:
                the 10 kings and 15 black rocks that we caught in the last derby didn't win any money but sure tasted good!
                would still like to better our 2nd place finish from 06 with the podium fish, guess we will have to try it without you:boring:, game on!
                www.polebendersfishing.com

Comment

Originally posted by fullbush View Post
                  woohoo buddy you're back on board! Heck Mut I'd go 50% if you took me. Just think of the publicity!
                  I guess you missed the sarcasm in that remark. I am hardly tempted to take someone out and have them give me 20% of their winnings for being on my boat with me. If I go out by myself I get to keep the whole prize. If I take more than just myself out we split the prize equally. It's that simple. I'm not quite sure what the "publicity" would be that you speak of. I take friends of mine out with me. Not people that constantly berate me or think this forum is just some big joke.
                  Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
                  http://muttleycrewfishing.com

Comment

You guys are something else....I mean really??? Fighting about how to split the winnings without even catching a single fish yet. I have to concede it is pretty entertaining anyway. Shouldn't you guys be sharpening hooks or something?

Comment

Originally posted by POLE BENDER View Post
                      WHEW!!!!!!!! Thought I was going have to suck it up and take you out, glad you and muttley are back on boardroud:
                      the 10 kings and 15 black rocks that we caught in the last derby didn't win any money but sure tasted good!
                      would still like to better our 2nd place finish from 06 with the podium fish, guess we will have to try it without you:boring:, game on!
                      Aw come on you're the only friend I have on here! You see how Muttley talks to me. The Humanity!
                      sigpic

I'm taking a poll

Comment

'OR SOMETHING'
                        ALL THIS JABBERING MUST BE A SIGN OF WINTER BOREDOM
                        I have to question the entertainment value----- but to each thier own
                        Should make for an interesting derby.
                        Who's going to be at the Pre-Tourney social Friday nite ?Can't remember the name of the bar but it was a lot of fun a couple years ago when we were there.Any taker's or just a lot talkers? :nyanya:
                        Last edited by Mark Collett; 01-10-2011, 16:51. Reason: scrwed up

Comment

For what it's worth, you guys should really be arguing about who is going to catch the 2nd place fish and how you'll split the winnings. The boat I'll be on already has the 1st place fish tied up and ready to go. I don't know if I'll reel it in, but it doesn't matter, as we'll be splitting the winnings three ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Collett View Post
                            Who's going to be at the Pre-Tourney social Friday nite ?Can't remember the name of the bar but it was a lot of fun a couple years ago when we were there.Any taker's or just a lot talkers? :nyanya:
                            If I can get down there early enough, I'll be there and would be happy to buy you a round.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Collett View Post
                              'OR SOMETHING'
                              ALL THIS JABBERING MUST BE A SIGN OF WINTER BOREDOM
                              I have to question the entertainment value----- but to each thier own
                              Should make for an interesting derby.
                              Hey I'm the biggest talker on here. I'm the best free publicity the Derby could wish for 2 years running and I haven't dipped a line in Cook Inlet waters since I was 12 years old. I'm sure I won't make it this year but hey it doesn't hurt to ask!
                              sigpic

I'm taking a poll

Comment

Originally posted by Brian M View Post
                                If I can get down there early enough, I'll be there and would be happy to buy you a round.
                                Careful Brian,
                                I like 12 year old scotch......it might get kinda spendy.....:topjob:

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X