Deshka Chinook Counts Up



No announcement yet.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Deshka Chinook Counts Up

    I just noticed tonight that the deska weir counts are showing on the website now. Not very exciting yet but I think in the coming week that the curve should steepen rapidly. Good luck fishing to all.

  • #2
    Late spring and high water delayed the weir getting put in, in a timely manner. Lots of fish went straight up, without slowing down, because of the high water. The official counts don't capture those fish. The holes all the way up to the legal limit, all have at least some fish in them. The count does not reflect the numbers of fish that pull in to the mouth, rest and then proceed on up the Su to the other tributaries and the Talkeetna. Way more fish to be had than what the weir count will portray.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~


    Footer Ad Module 300 x 300


    Footer Adsense