Deshka Landing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deshka Landing

Starting on thursday 5/25 the landing hours are 4am-midnight. On friday they open at 4am and will be open 24/7 thru king season!! The contractors are just about done with the new automatic gate and then they will be open 24/7, 365days a year with a summer or season pass, or you can use a credit card (visa or master card) NO MORE ACCESS PROBLEM!!! They also are putting a 24/7 gas pump in (on order 3-6 weeks) gas is available when the office is open now. The kings are in have a great summer, tight lines.

Deshka Landing

That sounds great, but are the fish in yet. I havent heard of anyone landing one from deshka.

Comment

Deshka Landing

Yes the kings are in, more everyday.

Comment

is the water still low at the launch?
        I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
        Bill Hicks

Comment

No Low Water

wATER CAME UP LARGE INBOARDS ARE USING OK!!

Comment

Big Su is running high, but the Deshka appears to be clearing up, except right at the confluence where the Big Su is backing up in the mouths of all the creeks. Three good fish were caught yesterday, that I saw. 40, 42 and 50 lbs. Most were 15 to 25 lbs. Early mornings were best, because of the bright sun during later part of the day. 24/7 access, lots of fish, round the clock fishing, doesn't get any better than that. I applaud the group at the Deshka Landing for their efforts out there.
            "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
            ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Comment

Deshka report 26 May 06

A quick report from my trip today.... Got out to the river around 7:00 this morning and fished until 1:30 this afternoon. Very slow.... Seen a few pullled in, nothing big, probably in the 15 pound range. Seemed folks using lures were doing better than the bait fisherman for one reason or the other.

Comment

Probably looks like a boat lot down there full from bank to bank fishing like last year..........but I reckon I'll be one of those boats here in about 12 more hours trying my luck.Wife is excited reading the post's so thanks for the update fellas.Daniel and Serena

Comment

I just got in from the Deska and I'll also say fishing was very slow. I was surprised the crowd wasn't larger. Pretty small crowd for a Memorial Day weekend, I'd say. We'd planned to go again tomorrow or Monday but I think I'l bag it and go again next weekend.
                  Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Comment

landing fees

Hi there. can you tell me what the fees are this year for launching and parking.. thanks

Comment

Fees

Fees are the same. $20 for launching, $7 for parking.

Thye launch was low on Saturday. You had to use your engine to get you off the trailer, then turn, goose it, get on step and roar out the mouth, then turn around and park on the bank. There was a hump in the middle that I hit.

Same way coming in, on step, then killing the power just before the trailer.

This warm weather should help bring the river up. Didn't see any fish caught all day Saturday and we were there from about 8 AM to 5 PM.

It will only get better.
                      sigpic
                      ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
                      1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
                      MMSI# 338131469
                      Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

Comment

I heard that they limits were increased today to two (2) fish per day and you can now fish 24/7. Any truth to this? I've heard both good and bad reports so far this year...curious to hear more updates for the upcoming weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by lastchance2pb4ugo View Post
                          I heard that they limits were increased today to two (2) fish per day and you can now fish 24/7. Any truth to this? I've heard both good and bad reports so far this year...curious to hear more updates for the upcoming weekend.
                          http://www.sf.adfg.state.ak.us/state...2DSouthcentral

Comment

Haven't seen an update in a while so I thought I would post one. One king caught 5/26 and saw three more caught on other boats. Still pretty slow though when I was there, anybody have a different experience?

Comment

how far is it to the deshka from the mouth of willow creek?
                              I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X