Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

matsu area ice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • matsu area ice

    wanna go fishing this weekend, where's hot, where's not? was thinkin of going to finger lake, as i had some good luck this summer there. what do you guys think?

  • #2
    Go to Seymore Lake out by Rainbow. Large rainbows and easy public access. ON some older maps it is called Herning Lake. Visnaw and Rainbow are OK as well, but not quite as good. You will not go back to Finger Lake after trying the lakes around Meadow Lakes Region. Go to Mile 49 of the Parks Hwy and go north.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

    Comment


    • #3
      Some other mat su options...

      Knik lake on knik goose bay road is a guaranteed bet for some pretty big rainbows and char. its the lake right next to knik bar, when you pull into the bar parking lot, if you look straight across the lake, you will see a point coming out into the lake, anywhere around that point about 25 feet from shore is guaranteed action!! ive fished this lake for about ten years now and ive never been disappointed.

      Comment


      • #4
        I can't say that the other lakes mentioned aren't good or better than Finger Lake but I wouldn't totally discount it. This is a nice fish pulled from Finger Lake just after the ice went out this past spring. I know one fish doesn't make it a wonderful place but there have been others this size possibly larger that have been taken as well.
        Attached Files

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by arcticfox77 View Post
          Knik lake on knik goose bay road is a guaranteed bet for some pretty big rainbows and char. its the lake right next to knik bar, when you pull into the bar parking lot, if you look straight across the lake, you will see a point coming out into the lake, anywhere around that point about 25 feet from shore is guaranteed action!! ive fished this lake for about ten years now and ive never been disappointed.
          I live a mile from Knik lake and have fished it since 1984. I don't think I've ever seen or heard of a char coming out of that lake. While I have caught some large rainbows, the predominant population these days are stocked salmon. You'll pull 8-10 inch silvers all day long in the wintertime, but it can be a chore to find decent rainbows.

          Comment


          • #6
            Tom

            Any pike left in knik? I heard there were quite a few a couple years back, but I never caught any in there.
            Justin

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Adventures View Post
              Any pike left in knik? I heard there were quite a few a couple years back, but I never caught any in there.
              I'm pretty sure the pike were an old wives tale. I've never seen one come out of there. With the huge number of small landlocked salmon they stock, if there were pike they would absolutely thrive.

              Comment

              Footer Adsense

              Collapse
              Working...
              X