This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TackleBox View Post
    Thanks, John. I'll check out Laurie's site and try to get some more information. Your reply made me laugh, and I understand. I debated whether to even mention I was female because it invites preconceptions and stereotypes. Yes, I'm a girl, but I'm a helluva fisherman.
    Thanks again for the contact info. And maybe I'll post pics, as long as they include big fish!!
    Paula,
    I don't doubt your fishing abilities for a minute... I owned and operated a Charter business for 20 yrs.. It always tickled the heck out of me when the women on the boat out-caught the men...!! Usually the men, especially those from Bass country, thought they had to try to rip the lips off the fish when they first felt a bite..., where as the women would usually let the halibut set the circle hook before they did anything... Women usually listened to the Capt's advice, where as the men usually thought they knew it all already...!! I kinda miss those days, but then I recall some of those 18 hr days, and boat problems, and rough wx, and miserable clients, and then I realize I had a good run while it lasted..
    John

Comment

Birthday Gift for my Wife (who you don't know )

Heading to Valdez over Labor Day weekend which is the same weekend as my wifes B-day and would love to get out on a boat getting some huge Silvers. We have fished Valdez 5 years in a row so are well experienced and have our own gear just nothing to bob around in the harbor on. So if you are headed that way and have a boat with some room we are more then willing to cover the gas if you can get us out on the water.

Comment

We will be in the Homer/Anchor River area on August 30-31. My sil and I are on a charter booked at Miller's Landing on August 28 out of Seward. We would love to experience some of the awesome Homer fishing, but can't afford a second charter. If we could get out for a half-day with someone, that would be awesome. We could do our own deckhanding and help with gas.

Are there good shore-fishing options in this area? We have never been to this part of AK so would appreciate any helpful suggestions/advice. Thanks in advance!

What should our expectations be this time of year?
        Rich

Comment

Have you found someone to take her out?

Originally posted by jaeger33 View Post
          Birthday Gift for my Wife (who you don't know )

Heading to Valdez over Labor Day weekend which is the same weekend as my wifes B-day and would love to get out on a boat getting some huge Silvers. We have fished Valdez 5 years in a row so are well experienced and have our own gear just nothing to bob around in the harbor on. So if you are headed that way and have a boat with some room we are more then willing to cover the gas if you can get us out on the water.
          Jaeger,
          I will be there and would be happy to take the wife out. PM me with your contact info and I will give you a call

Comment

LilsuLady,
            Tried to PM you but it said PMs were not activted for your account. Posted a comment on your visitor wall though (the wall that pops up when you click your name). Anyways if you want to PM me your number I can give you a call as well.
            Originally posted by LilsuLady View Post
            Jaeger,
            I will be there and would be happy to take the wife out. PM me with your contact info and I will give you a call

Comment

Email ME

Originally posted by jaeger33 View Post
              LilsuLady,
              Tried to PM you but it said PMs were not activted for your account. Posted a comment on your visitor wall though (the wall that pops up when you click your name). Anyways if you want to PM me your number I can give you a call as well.
              Jaeger,
              I put in a request for help with the PM issue but no response yet
              Email me with contact info and I will call you
              Lilsulady@hotmail.com

Comment

Father in law is flying to town from the lower 48 tomorrow and has never caught a silver (only Alaskan species he hasn't caught already). We had a little sue silver trip planned but with the rain and low silver numbers there, I'm changing plans and gonna eat the cost of the Su trip. I'd really like to head out of Seward and catch some silvers on the salt since the rivers in the Mat-su are probably all going to be high, muddy and blown out this weekend due to the downpour the last two days. We don't have salt water tackle but would love to split the gas and bring bait/munchies if anyone is looking for a fishing partner this weekend. Neither of us smoke or drink and but won't be offended by those who like do in moderation.

I'm going to look into a silver charter out of seward as well so if anyone has a good recommendation of someone who's trustworthy that may still have a couple seats open for saturday or sunday please shoot me a PM.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Update: booked a 1/2 day silver charter with Aurora on Saturday, and a combo trip with Semaka for Sunday, should be a good weekend if the weather cooperates.

Comment

Hi, I moved up here from the Oregon last month and would love to get out and do some ocean (or river, fishing)! I have a lot of experience with salmon fishing in both fresh and saltwater, from a boat and the bank. Not to much with Halibut but I would LOVE to learn everything I can!! Anyhow, I will pay for my share of fuel and bait, and whatever else. I have all my own gear as well!! Would love to meet some new fishing partners!! Aaron

Comment

Hi guys,

This is kind of specific, but I figure it would not hurt to ask.

I'd really like to do some (relatively) light tackle jigging for rockfish and lingcod, or even halibut.
                      Probably not something I could ask a charter captain for unless I rented the whole boat.

I've got a lot of jigs that I dont mind bringing and sharing on the boat and I would pay more than my part for gas.
                      The jigs Ive got are kind of heavy though, 10+ oz, but good for fishing deep or in a current.

Anyways, let me know if any of your guys head out for light tackle jigging and I would really like to join.

Im in Anchorage and dont mind driving to Valdez, seward or homer.

thanks

Jonathan
                      Random guy in Fly shop: "Where did this happen???? In real life or in Alaska?"

Comment

Not sure how to edit my last post so if mod could do so, that would be great.

So my wife actually wants to go fish off a boat as well.

So if anybody is going for Lingcod/Rockfish and wouldnt mind having 2 extra people (who would pay for more than their part of gas/bait etc), send me a PM. We have our own gear.

thanks!

Originally posted by sodabiscuit12345 View Post
                        Hi guys,

This is kind of specific, but I figure it would not hurt to ask.

I'd really like to do some (relatively) light tackle jigging for rockfish and lingcod, or even halibut.
                        Probably not something I could ask a charter captain for unless I rented the whole boat.

I've got a lot of jigs that I dont mind bringing and sharing on the boat and I would pay more than my part for gas.
                        The jigs Ive got are kind of heavy though, 10+ oz, but good for fishing deep or in a current.

Anyways, let me know if any of your guys head out for light tackle jigging and I would really like to join.

Im in Anchorage and dont mind driving to Valdez, seward or homer.

thanks

Jonathan
                        Random guy in Fly shop: "Where did this happen???? In real life or in Alaska?"

Comment

Hi all,

we are three guys from Germany, visiting the Kenai Peninsula from July 15 to July 25th. We are all experienced anglers and are looking for any opportunity to fish.

We would cover any costs for bait, gas or whatever to join you for fishing off Seward, Homer or elsewhere nearby. We are fully equipped and have our own gear.

Best regards,
                          Alex

Comment

Hi Alex! I have a 23' trailerable ocean boat, and the next several weeks off. I'm a fair weather fisherman and like to fish on the weekdays, avoiding the weekend crowds. I know that there will be a few days that I will have no one to go with me. I normally enjoy going to Prince William Sound from the port of Whittier, or to Seward. There should be pretty good silver salmon fishing your first week in Alaska in Seward, and the halibut and ling cod are hitting in good numbers too. Email me at alasken1@mac.com to see what I have going your first week, and how the weather and tides are. Maybe I can get you out; I'm flexible.................Ken

Comment

Would love to get a seat if anyone has one available. I will pay for gas/bait and help with whatever you need. I have some experience (mostly on my own river boat) and my own gear. Pm me if ya have a seat available.
                              Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Alasken1 View Post
                                Hi Alex! I have a 23' trailerable ocean boat, and the next several weeks off. I'm a fair weather fisherman and like to fish on the weekdays, avoiding the weekend crowds. I know that there will be a few days that I will have no one to go with me. I normally enjoy going to Prince William Sound from the port of Whittier, or to Seward. There should be pretty good silver salmon fishing your first week in Alaska in Seward, and the halibut and ling cod are hitting in good numbers too. Email me at alasken1@mac.com to see what I have going your first week, and how the weather and tides are. Maybe I can get you out; I'm flexible.................Ken
                                Hi Ken,

Thanks for that! I contacted you per mail and am looking forward to go fishing with you.

Best regards,
                                Alex

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X