Sand lake Northern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sand lake Northern

Speared this one today out of Sand Lake. 36" long and 14 Pounds. It was a big fat female full of eggs.
    Attached Files

Nice fish, I did not think Sand lake would have pike that big. I have only caught small 10-12 inch pike off the dock down there.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Comment

Awesome fish!!!!!

I dont see much pike in Fire Lake anymore. It seems the av fuel has deteriorated the weed beds, so I hardly see any pike in the shallows anymore.
      sigpic

Comment

That is a nice fat Northern, WTG!

Comment

franko,

Did you get the info on how to post that pic on IS. I put a topic in fishing reports for Sand lake so you can post your fishing adventure there as well if you want to.

FF

Comment

Sand Lake Fishing

I caught one near that size this summer in Sand Lake as well and one a little smaller. The smaller one was probably about 26" or so. To be honest I was shocked by the size of the first one comming out of that lake. Gotta love that Power Bait!! I will be back next year for sure.
            Last edited by ryocheck; 11-14-2006, 22:17. Reason: typing
            Ryan Tollefsen
            Prudential Jack White Vista Real Estate

Alaska Real Estate
            Anchorage Real Estate

Comment

SWEET Pike

I know where to go when I visit the inlaws!!
              sigpic
              Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
              www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Comment

wow thats a big pike.. but coming out of sand lake i believe it , wow<<

Comment

I see fish twice that big almost every time I go to fire lake they are definately in there, just takes some work and a spear can't hurt! Nice fish
                  I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Comment

Originally posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
                    I see fish twice that big almost every time I go to fire lake they are definately in there, just takes some work and a spear can't hurt! Nice fish

I realize this is part of fishing stories but twice that big would be a whopper in the yukon...a 28 pound pike would leave you wishing you had a .416 not a fish gig LOL Let's give the man some credit, a 14 pound pike is pretty nice anywhere.

Comment

I dont just see the bigums down at Fire Lake, I catch them, atleast used to. Twice that size is stretching it, by about twice as much.
                      sigpic

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X