Local Lakes Ice Depth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local Lakes Ice Depth

Looking for any reports on local lakes ice depths for the weekend. Any lake in Anchorage or lake on the way to Palmer or Wasilla.

i have found several links off this site but nothing that acutally shows ice depth.

Comment

i found this finally

"Mirror, Edmonds, and Beach lake all have at least 9 inches of ice on them

Delong lake in Town has a solid 7+ inches on it.

Thoes are the lakes i got to today, Ill update as I have time...."

Comment

Originally posted by gokorn1 View Post
        i found this finally

"Mirror, Edmonds, and Beach lake all have at least 9 inches of ice on them

Delong lake in Town has a solid 7+ inches on it.

Thoes are the lakes i got to today, Ill update as I have time...."
        Would also be interested in hearing a report. Going to fire up my gear in the next few weeks.
        US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Comment

also found out that jewel laked has a reported 8 inches

Comment

Delong Lake is fine for drilling. I saw a couple nice rainbows caught and some small burbot and silvers just an hour ago. Shrimp and crawlers.
            I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
            Bill Hicks

Comment

my buddy drilled a few holes on sand lake and there is 9 inches.... get out as i will be at 9 am tomorrow. also how is big lake on the ice????
              NRA life Member JVJ

Comment

i walked out on to sand lake to day. and like he said there is definitly 9 inches of ice. saw a guy bring back alot of big ones. not sure what species they were. all i saw was a red tail.....

Comment

not exatly sure but isn't it only one fish over 20'' On local lakes. some correct me if im wrong please... also i read on another site that big lake already has its ice road up and running... can someone get a second report on that... vance
                  NRA life Member JVJ

Comment

In the valley there is an annual limit of 10-20" rainbows from stocked lakes and 2-20" rainbow from lakes not stocked according to what I read in the regs. Don't know about an ice road on Big Lake, that seems a bit early but I did see a small car on Lucille Lake on Sat.

Comment

Big Lake ice

I was at Southport Marina on Friday. no ice road and no-one had been on the ice. I saw 5 drilled holes about 40' away from shore. we measured them and there was 7" of ice.

Comment

The State usually measures but this is not really a priority for them because they say that budget cuts and other oblgations take them away from this. I guess that safety is not a priority for them and we will have to rely on each other to make sure the ice is safe. Checkout the ice safety video http://www.exn.ca/video/?Video=exn20020325-icewater.asx

Be SAFE

FF

Comment

Poped a hole in the small lake we live on this morning, it is the size of beer can lake in Anch. Measured 9"! Things are freezin up a bit quicker this year, NICE......

Comment

Does Anyone Ice Fish on Sand Lake

Just curious what part of the lake might be good and if anyone has any tips for catching the Pike there in the winter time. I am looking forward to trying it.
                            Ryan Tollefsen
                            Prudential Jack White Vista Real Estate

Alaska Real Estate
                            Anchorage Real Estate

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X