Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seward Highway Closed All Weekend

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Seward Highway Closed All Weekend

    For anyone planning to head to Seward this weekend, you may want to rethink your plans. The state will be putting temporary fixes in place on two bridges, thus the road to Seward will be blocked at mile 24 from 10pm Friday through Monday morning.

  • #2
    I see it says Falls Creek, is there more than 1 Falls Creek? Only one I know about is just before Bird Creek.

    Comment


    • #3
      when i was down then last month or so... there were two brides with stop light on them... i would guess those are the ones being worked on..
      "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

      meet on face book here

      Comment


      • #4
        Close to Seward

        Originally posted by AkHunter45 View Post
        I see it says Falls Creek, is there more than 1 Falls Creek? Only one I know about is just before Bird Creek.
        The bridges are just outside of Seward past Ptarmigan Creek.
        We never really grow up, we only learn
        how to act in public

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Vince View Post
          when i was down then last month or so... there were two brides with stop light on them... i would guess those are the ones being worked on..

          I hope their grooms are aware of this....
          “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
          "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by AkHunter45 View Post
            I see it says Falls Creek, is there more than 1 Falls Creek? Only one I know about is just before Bird Creek.
            The Falls Creek in question is about a mile south of the Knife Shop in Crown Point.....The lil' creek on the 90 degree curve....
            “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
            "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

            Comment


            • #7
              road closed

              Just called the DOT and it will be closed until 0500 Monday morning, this weekend only. I was planning a weekend trip down there to scout since we can't get to PWS now.

              Thanks, Brain M on the heads up.
              sigpic
              Sweepint
              Wasilla,
              '' Livn' The Dream ''
              26' Hewescraft Cuddy, twin 115 Yam

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by AlaskaHippie View Post
                The Falls Creek in question is about a mile south of the Knife Shop in Crown Point.....The lil' creek on the 90 degree curve....
                That's before the Snow River yes? Thanks for the info!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by AkHunter45 View Post
                  That's before the Snow River yes? Thanks for the info!

                  Yup, it's in the hills above Kenai Lake, a few miles from Snow River....

                  Your welcome.
                  “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
                  "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    It is the lower trail lake/trail river bridge and falls creek.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Actually....

                      Originally posted by pblackb592 View Post
                      It is the lower trail lake/trail river bridge and falls creek.
                      Not quite. It is the Falls Creek and Ptarmigain Creek bridges. The Lower Trail Lake bridge is much longer and needs a far more extensive repair.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Seeing how these things have worked in the past, I wouldn't be suprised if it didn't open back as scheduled Monday either... Just sayin'...

                        Comment

                        Footer Adsense

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X