Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• knots for halibut

Hey all,
    In your experience, what is the best knot to use with Power Pro line?
    Thanks.

i use the palomar knot.

Comment

same..

I use the palomar.

Comment

Yep, Palomar.
        sigpic
        www.arcticangler.ca
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy_7mPiqoqw&t=11s

Comment

Palomar here, too. It is simple and strong and I have yet to have one fail. Here is a link to one of the many animated knot sites: knots
          sigpicSpending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Comment

I have used a milel of Power Pro mostly for Baja and Long Range trips.....Palomar is OK....I prefer the Uni-Knot but double the line first so you end up with a loop and a tag end all to be cut off......

Many use a Bimini Twist to double the line but care must be taken with lines like Power Pro in that tight twisting seems to significantly weaken the line.....weakens it a lot!

For a superior line, try Jerry Brown Line 1 Hollow Braid.......

Comment

For joining braid to mono, if you intend to use a leader or something I use the Uni splice/knot. For attaching braid to a lure Palomar knot has not failed me yet. Using 20lb braid I have broken and straightened hooks out before the knot broke.

Comment

One trick I got off an australian fishing website is to run your braid inside 80# dacron before forming the knot. You only need about 1' of the dacron. The larger dia resultant line at the knot keeps the braid from cutting itself and you don't loose any strength at the knot. Not practical when on the water, but a good way to get your rods setup before a trip.

And another vote for the palomar.
                Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Comment

PALOMAR. Nothing better. Or easier.
                  "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Comment

Yet another palomar knot user.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul H View Post
                      One trick I got off an australian fishing website is to run your braid inside 80# dacron before forming the knot. You only need about 1' of the dacron. The larger dia resultant line at the knot keeps the braid from cutting itself and you don't loose any strength at the knot. Not practical when on the water, but a good way to get your rods setup before a trip.

And another vote for the palomar.
                      Another vote for Palomar. And I use the braid inside 80# dacron trick also. I saw this a couple of years ago when I switched to braided line and have been very satisfied with the results.

Comment

Another Palomar User

Palomar knot is easy to tie and has not failed.

Comment

Originally posted by Elentari View Post
                          Hey all,
                          In your experience, what is the best knot to use with Power Pro line?
                          Thanks.
                          They say the Uni knot.
                          Living the Alaskan Dream
                          Gary Keller
                          Anchorage, AK

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X