Anyone eat Sea Urchins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone eat Sea Urchins?

Been looking around and it looks like alot of folks eat sea urchins. Apprently you either love em or hate em. Just wondering if any folks around here had given them a shot. Any dangers with eating them in AK besides the spines (poisonous meat, ect)?

Originally posted by chauvotsm View Post
    Been looking around and it looks like alot of folks eat sea urchins. Apprently you either love em or hate em. Just wondering if any folks around here had given them a shot. Any dangers with eating them in AK besides the spines (poisonous meat, ect)?

I am getting sick just think about it!

Comment

I tried but it kept getting stuck in my throat.
      Hike faster. I hear banjo music.

Comment

Pretty salty and soft meat I didn't care for them.
        If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction.
        Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

We used to eat them as kids. If I recall, we would split them open and eat the eggs raw. That was a long time ago, though.
          sigpicSpending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Comment

I've seen em used on iron chef looked discusting
            I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Comment

japanese pay bigbucks for the eggs, they call i uni. ive sold tons of it working at sagaya but couldnt bring myself to try it.

Comment

My wife tried them in a nice restaurant and was told they would taste (or have the texture of) like ice cream. She said they were disgusting.

Comment

Uhh................

sigpic
                  www.arcticangler.ca
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy_7mPiqoqw&t=11s

Comment

sort of like slime

went diving in Fiji and guys on the boat insisted we eat some. cracked the shell and drank the slop, not to my liking for sure! If I remember correctly (20 years ago), the beer I jugged immediately afterwards tasted a lot better.

Comment

Hmm...not encouraging. I haven't been known to listen very well or learn from others mistakes so I'll be trying it anyway.

Comment

Take some pictures of that adventure...

and post em! Maybe a video on youtube would be even better

Comment

stuck between teeth

They get stuck between my teeth and are too crunchy. Just kidding, they are delicious, fresh off the beach. Nothing compares, but are soft, more sweet than salty.
                          Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
                          www.kodiakcombos.com

Comment

Originally posted by kodiakcombo View Post
                            They get stuck between my teeth and are too crunchy. Just kidding, they are delicious, fresh off the beach. Nothing compares, but are soft, more sweet than salty.
                            That was my recollection, but that was back in the 70's. I have a tough enough time remembering what I had for dinner last night, let alone 30+ years ago.:cool:
                            sigpicSpending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9Kkb3Gfaqg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anCdh...eature=related
                              ahhh that makes me just not want to ever eat one at all....

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X