Seward Herring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seward Herring?

Does anyone have information about what the seward herring run is like and when it occurs? Looking to go down and catch some herring to use for live or fresh cut bait that weekend, take a few bags back for bait this season aswell... would appreciate any info on when they show up, where they go to, what to catch em with, and lastly if anyone has any spots for rockfish from shore close to seward besides the sea life center area that would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
    nick

Hi Nick,

Here's a link to a thread about this that might be helpful to you:

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...seward+herring

Comment

bump to the top

Comment

i dont think you can use live bait
        sigpic

Release Lake Trout

Comment

yes you can; does anyone know anything about the status of the returning herring?

Comment

Originally posted by Hunt&FishAK View Post
            i dont think you can use live bait
            See the link I mentioned to another thread on this topic. Live bait in saltwater is legal.

Comment

Live bait is legal, so long as the bait isn't a sport caught species.
              Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Comment

Soon

The Herring will be available as soon as the cannerys start grinding halibut heads. PM me when you are coming down and I can give you an update or even go with you. Got to put a summers worth of bait up.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                Working...
                X