X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AKCAPT
    replied
    Feeders

There are plenty of Kings in the bay.It is not easy to catch them but those who know catch them almost everytime they go out. I would suggest that you take a charter with one of the locals and watch what they do. I am not really good enough at catching them to take charters out - I can catch them about half again as often as the top boat. I don't have the time to really figure it out. I would suggest fishing with Alaska Saltwater Chaters. They are the best at it and have been doing it for years. I don't have anything to gain from pointing you in that direction, but it is my best advice if you want to accelerate your learning curve.

Leave a comment:

• T.R. Bauer
    replied
    Originally posted by monello View Post
    Was wondering if there is a fishery for feeder kings in resurrection bay. IF so can you pass along any tips, times or locations. Thanks.
    Yes. I happen to like to work all of the points on the west side (Callisto/Caines ect) and between the major islands. While they are not everywhere, they do seem like they can be anywhere. I have caught them from April to September in just about every size up to 40 pounds. It is usually rather slow though if you are just targeting them.....

Leave a comment:

• coho slayer
    replied
    Originally posted by monello View Post
    Was wondering if there is a fishery for feeder kings in resurrection bay. IF so can you pass along any tips, times or locations. Thanks.
    I know there is....look at my avatar...lol.

I caught that mooching for silvers, so they are there. Scary thing is that that was a 50 pound king that was going for another year at sea...would've been a monster.

Leave a comment:

• monello
    started a topic Feeder kings in Resurrection bay

Feeder kings in Resurrection bay

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X