new mold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new mold

got a 4 oz flutter jig mold and got a few painted up. not sure of the action yet but should work for bottom fish to a hundred feet and agressive salmon in the salt.
    Attached Files

Nice job. Did you use lead or 2 part poxy?
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Comment

Those things look sweet! Silvers and bass will tear them up. I obviously need to have more patience when I paint.

Comment

i used lead alaska gray . i got a bunch of the stuff off a job a few years back. do you powder coat Offshore? these were pretty easy to make, pm me if your intrested i can walk you through it.

Comment

Nice looking jigs

Those jig look dynamite.You did an outstanding job with the colors and paint.Where did you get the mold ?Looks like an interesting project/hobby.And how about the lead ?I've made a lot of anchors using tire weights and coffee cans.Wouldn't mind trying my hand at something more productive.

Comment

mark,

i got the lead off a hospital job i worked on a couple years ago and trade some form time to time for jigs. the mold you can get from here http://www.do-itmolds.com/

it is a fun project and a good way to burn time when you arent fishing .

Comment

Differently looks like a ling and rockfish slaying lure
              Living the Alaskan Dream
              Gary Keller
              Anchorage, AK

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Gray View Post
                Differently looks like a ling and rockfish slaying lure
                i agree with that. im going to go ahead and order up the 7 and 9 oz mold and that should take care of them lings and halibut .

Comment

Originally posted by akriverrat View Post
                  i agree with that. im going to go ahead and order up the 7 and 9 oz mold and that should take care of them lings and halibut .
                  Cool, You must fish shallow then. I have a hard time fishing deep 150+ with a 16oz jig.
                  Living the Alaskan Dream
                  Gary Keller
                  Anchorage, AK

Comment

Gary aka [ grasshopper] i will teach you to fish a 12 ouncer that deeper and more,,,, i live to jig .......... When you can snatch the rod from my hand it will be time for you to go.....:d
                    BONEYARDBAITS THE BEST HALIBUT, ROCKFISH GRUBS ON THE PLANET....''06'' WORLD RECORD LINGCOD ''08'' HOMER HALIBUT DERBY WINNER''. BOTH FISH CAUGHT WITH BONEYARDBAIT GRUBS WWW.BONEYARDBAITS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by boneyardbaits View Post
                      Gary aka [ grasshopper] i will teach you to fish a 12 ouncer that deeper and more,,,, i live to jig .......... When you can snatch the rod from my hand it will be time for you to go.....:d
                      Did you just give away one of your secrets?
                      Living the Alaskan Dream
                      Gary Keller
                      Anchorage, AK

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X