Snoopy/barbie rod clasic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kgpcr View Post
    I just bought my weapon. I now have a little mermaid rod so you guys dont have a chance
    No so fast my friend!!!
    I have just procured the Finding Nemo, PETA edition fishing rod!!!!
    You don't have a hope.:cool:
    sigpic
    www.arcticangler.ca
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy_7mPiqoqw&t=11s

Comment

Just remember - those two piece snoopy type rods are not allowed - well at least they are not allowed on the SRC that we do.

Gotta be a one-piece, two-guided, cartoon charactered rod.

We changed the rules a bit for the Kenai and allowed the use of braided line up to 30lbs.

Those Kenai Reds are just a tad bit of a harder fighter than the winter steelhead brats we target down here in early December.

I'll be up in Ak the last week of July. Looks like I'll miss out on the tourney. Bummer.

If the official event organizer cares to email me, I will email them our official Snoopy Rod Classic Rules that we use down here. You'd have to modify them for up there, but as we have found out, you kinda need some official rules to use, or the goat rodeo gets out of hand.

Also, there's the money thing. Even if the "entry fee" is low, if you get enough people to do it, it becomes real money. People do stupid stuff at the thought of winning some real money. That's why we now give away most of the "entry fee" money to someone or some charity that is agreed upon. Our "winners" are fighting for a cool Snoopy Rod Classic Trophy and we have had a custom rod maker donate us a custom Snoopy Rod to the winner for the last 2 or so years. The winners get a little money, but we also have a get together at a local restaurant the night of the (and after) the competition. Tradition states that the "winning" team has to buy the first round. So much for all those winnings...

Fun times and a fun event. It's what you make of it, really.

Comment

Originally posted by DRIFTER_016 View Post
        No so fast my friend!!!
        I have just procured the Finding Nemo, PETA edition fishing rod!!!!
        You don't have a hope.:cool:
        Drifter thats just plain down and dirty pulling out Nemo but i think a pretty mermaid trumps a fish any day! Maybe at the end of the day a kiss will turn my Little Mermaid rod into a nice Lamiglass rod with a nice reel. Just like what happend with the little Mermaid in the movie.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
        Working...
        X