Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interior Fishing Suggestions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Interior Fishing Suggestions

    This June I'll be taking a road trip up to Fairbanks and then down to Valdez and I am looking for some pike and grayling fishing from the road system or guide recommendations.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    I would also consider a trip for trip trade, I live in Sterling and could take you out on the Kenai.

    RD

  • #2
    Id take a little detour down the denali highway at paxson. 20 Miles to tangle lakes and the tangle river. Easy access from the shore and lots of shore. Not huge grayling but lots of them. Rock Creek is a nice stream also
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

    Comment


    • #3
      Clearwater

      I'd be glad to take you up the Delta Cleawater for Fin Critters if you are in Delta while I'm off the slope.
      Life is tough........it's alot tougher if you're stupid.

      Comment


      • #4
        clear stream + dry fly = grayling
        I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
          clear stream + dry fly = grayling
          Not true. Many of the clear water tributaries are sterile and absent of fish entirely. But the others have given some good advice for this route.
          "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
          ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks for replying guys.

            nidenza I will let you know when I will be in your area, thanks.

            RD

            Comment


            • #7
              If you are here in Fairbanks, you can try the Badger Slough out in North Pole. You'd be able to get into Grayling, and possibly a pike while fishing there. There are numerous places you can fish along Badger Road. You might see a person or two, but definently worth a try if you are in the area.

              Fish On!
              You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...


              http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

              Comment


              • #8
                50 Mile CHSR

                Well if you'rs gong ot be in and around Squarebanks for more than a couple of hours take a trip to the Upper Chena starting at Angle Rocks and work your way down to about mile 24 Rose Hip camp ground. You will find more than ample road side fishing for Grayling along the way. Fish the Turn outs and key on the rock walls the Grayling tend use that deeper water and protection to their advantage. June is a great month for chasing them on CHSR concerning fly fishing that is Carpenter Ants normally are getting started and it makes for some fun fishing.

                If you have a Mil I.D. or access to Eielson you can fish Pike on Base not exactly true Alaskan Sport Fishing however Pike to 12 lbs are caught at a couple of Lakes located between housing units.

                If you were talking June I would suggest other road side fishing however in June the Chena is fine.

                Best Wishes and Tight Lines

                Blue Moose

                Comment


                • #9
                  You won't be disappointed.

                  We caught some nice Grayling in there last year. Not just us, ask Jedi Salmon Slayer. I believe he has a video out there somewhere to wet your whistle.
                  Life is tough........it's alot tougher if you're stupid.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Clearwater Creek

                    The Clearwater Creek out of Delta Junction has become the new PRIMERE Grayling Roadside Fishery. Easy access and real close to services, make it desirable for some. It is not one of the hard to fish areas.
                    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
                    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      PM sent

                      Sent to you regarding Chena river grayling fishing.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Road Dog, if i remember correctly Tangle Lakes has an RV sized parking lot. It would probablly say in the Milepost book. Hap
                        USN Seabee '90-'95, NRA Life Member

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Happy View Post
                          Road Dog, if i remember correctly Tangle Lakes has an RV sized parking lot. It would probablly say in the Milepost book. Hap
                          Three that I am aware of. This place can accomdate hundreds of vehicles at any time. The last time I was there, I would estimate approximately 75 to 80 vehicles or campers in the lots.
                          "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
                          ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

                          Comment

                          Footer Adsense

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X