Fishapalosers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishapalosers!

Alright Fishapalooza just got it's own theme song!

Chuck, are you the #1 Fishapaloser?

I recorded a few different takes of it last night with a friend in the living room and he put it on disc. ..... So that you could hear the way the song evolves as we perfect it ... there is also conversational aspects to the CD - like the story where I lit my face on fire..... inspired by the line:

"Those who arrive are gonna put on a show
    When lighting the fire you know the wind is gonna blow
    Oh I think your eyebrows will grow back again in time"

I wanted to record last night so that you could hear the song in it's infancy and have something to compare the final takes to.

We're going purely acoustic on this one.

We'll be recording again tonight and working on refinements - phrasings etc. But, I am telling you, this song is fun for me. It is almost like I'm there.
    "...just because we didn't agree with you doesn't mean we didn't have good discussion. It just means you missed it." -JMG-

Looking forward to hearing it man.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Comment

That fire lighting verse would be better suited to the evening lighting of the coleman lantern.
      Make sure you slip in how everything was on fire but the mantles!!!!
      There also needs to be a line about Hot Links and the resulting trips into the bush!!!!!
      sigpic
      www.arcticangler.ca
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy_7mPiqoqw&t=11s

Comment

Originally posted by DRIFTER_016 View Post
        That fire lighting verse would be better suited to the evening lighting of the coleman lantern.
        Make sure you slip in how everything was on fire but the mantles!!!!
        There also needs to be a line about Hot Links and the resulting trips into the bush!!!!!
        There might be a few lyrics experimented with yet, we'll see tonight. But, for my money it already captures the "essence" of the experience. Which is why I say I feel like I'm there myself.

It has that Coors Light commercial hidden in it somewhere, but it is more genuine I think...

"I know your gonna kick yourself for passing on this chance
        'cuz I just witnessed a full bladder river dance"

I put the phrase "full bladder river dance" in a song and that just cracks me up!

I'm listening to the CD Nathan dropped off a couple hours ago and I'm liking it... I know it only gets better from here.
        "...just because we didn't agree with you doesn't mean we didn't have good discussion. It just means you missed it." -JMG-

Comment

Good god. Light one lantern and picnic table on fire and they never let you forget it. No matter what they say that lantern did come to life and still works to this day. I cannot wait to play that song around the fire every night, Thanks so much Soggy
          Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Comment

Originally posted by alaskachuck View Post
            Good god. Light one lantern and picnic table on fire and they never let you forget it. No matter what they say that lantern did come to life and still works to this day. I cannot wait to play that song around the fire every night, Thanks so much Soggy
            Can't let it go Chuck, my sides still hurt from laughing so much!!!!!
            sigpic
            www.arcticangler.ca

Comment

Drifter - if he has that much problem with the ancient discovery of fire, maybe we should put someone else on the "juke box" to protect this original from potential harm. He'll probably wake up drunk looking for a paper plate, remember he used them to start a fire, then grab the CD and a hunting knife to serve himself a nice hot link - all is lost!

:eek:

Comment

Hot links? I resemble that remark! LOL!

They washed down quite nicely, but they washed out over and over and thank god for the tp! I think I used a whole roll that morning! Whew!

Comment

I've been experimenting with welding gloves, a porcupine, and someone else's RV. ... no lyrics in it, but, conceptually?

Comment

Good god. Light one lantern and picnic table on fire and they never let you forget it.

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Comment

Thats good Dan. I dont think Drifter will allow that around camp. he was a bit bummed when I went out and bought a new lantern after fishaplooza 08. I promised him id at least bring the old one down and light the camp on fire at least 1 night
                      Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Comment

Thats good Dan. I dont think Drifter will allow that around camp. he was a bit bummed when I went out and bought a new lantern after fishaplooza 08. I promised him id at least bring the old one down and light the camp on fire at least 1 night

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eyebrow, then it becomes a sport!!!!!
                        sigpic
                        www.arcticangler.ca

Comment

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eyebrow, then it becomes a sport!!!!!
                          Perhaps someone can bring along Pat McManus and read the story "Poof! No Eyebrows." every night while they are tucking Chuck in?

Comment

OMG, TFF! Just blew beer out the nose, thanks bro. All this talk about out of control fire, am I really sure I want to spend a week with you guys?

Comment

Originally posted by AKDSLDOG View Post
                              OMG, TFF! Just blew beer out the nose, thanks bro. All this talk about out of control fire, am I really sure I want to spend a week with you guys?
                              I don't see you on the RSVP list. :confused: :confused:

Time to PM Chuck.
                              sigpic
                              www.arcticangler.ca

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X