Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flight service for west side cook inlet silver trip....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight service for west side cook inlet silver trip....

A buddy of mine wants to take a friend from the states Sliver fishing in August across cook inlet to the west side, he is looking for a good flight service out of lake hood. I don't fly outta lake hood so, don't know. I told him I used to fish the Kustatan years ago, but, don't know what it's like over there now.

Any idea's for a trip? They are looking at doing a over nighter.

Thanks,
    Curt

It's not out of Lake Hood, but a friend of mine guides for Alaska West Air out of Kenai and he tells me of stellar fishing in the Kvichak.
    sigpic
    www.arcticangler.ca
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy_7mPiqoqw&t=11s

Comment

I've used Regal out of lake Hood quite a few times and they are pretty good. Alaska West out of Kenai is terrific if you happen to get down that way.

Comment

Curt
        I sent you a pm
        Lance
        http://www.tcguideservice.com/index.html

Comment

Wow

The few times I've been to the west side by plane were "buddy" flights that were basically free rides. I just looked up AWA just to see what the commercial fly-in market was doing these days... $3,250 is the base price for a simple day trip. And it goes up from there big time. That's a lot-a-cash for a couple hours of fishing! :eek:
          Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Comment

How many people does that $3250 take?? Is it an Otter full or just one seat in a 206?? does it include lodging??

Comment

That's for the plane with up to 4 people. No lodging, just a day trip. Doesn't include a bunch of additional fees ($60 per person guide fee, $14 per person park access fee, fuel surcharges, etc). Just seems a bit spendy to me. I think I'll stick with the boat.
              Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Comment

I have used Talon Air for 4 trips to the Kustatan and Big River Lakes in the past two years and the trips were worth every penny. They are a family run outfit that flies out of Mackey Lakes just outside Soldotna. The costs have been $300-$325 per person w/one guide for 4 people in one boat. The trip is a total of 6 hours: one hour for round trip and 5 hours of fishing for silvers and/or reds. Definetely worth looking into

Comment

Regal

+1 for Regal Air. They will drop you off for around $250 for the day. That is for an unguided trip. They also offer guided drop off trips for a little more. I was very pleased with their customer service.

Jake
                  All the romance of trout fishing exists in the mind of the angler and is in no way shared by the fish.

Comment

Originally posted by jakec5253 View Post
                    +1 for Regal Air. They will drop you off for around $250 for the day. That is for an unguided trip. They also offer guided drop off trips for a little more. I was very pleased with their customer service.

Jake
                    Natron Air (Kenai) offers service to the Kustatan for $230/person.

http://www.natronair.com

Comment

Alaska West air fee is $325 per person to the Kustataan. Check out their website for complete information. The $3250 JOAT refers to must be for some other trip or facility........

Comment

Yes, the trip I quoted was for a Day Trip to Kvichak, Katmai, or Iliamna. That destination was specifically recommended by a previous caller.

http://www.alaskawestair.com/fishing/kvichak-river.php
                        Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Comment

Thanks JOAT - I can understand that kind of price for the Kvichak.....I thought the question was west side - like close - rather than remote. For close in - Kustataan, Big River Lakes, Silver Salmon Creek - they are right in line with other flight services.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies and idea's, I will pass them along.

Thanks
                            Curt :cool:

Comment

Best air service at Lake Hood is Trail Ridge Air. And unlike Regal, they are here all year long. www.trailridgeair.com

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X