Need a Kenai River Guide...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a Kenai River Guide...

I want to take my wife on a guided king salmon day trip in May. Do you guys have any recommendations?
    Has anyone had experience with either of these two services?

http://www.alaska.net/%7Ejwsalmon/index.htm

http://alaskadons.com/

BTW, how do I confirm that I will NOT get an out of state, non-resident guide? I've lived here 28 years and don't want a 22 year old kid from Arizona "guiding" me on the Kenai. :cool:

Tim

Originally posted by tccak71 View Post
    I want to take my wife on a guided king salmon day trip in May. Do you guys have any recommendations?
    Has anyone had experience with either of these two services?

http://www.alaska.net/%7Ejwsalmon/index.htm

http://alaskadons.com/

BTW, how do I confirm that I will NOT get an out of state, non-resident guide? I've lived here 28 years and don't want a 22 year old kid from Arizona "guiding" me on the Kenai. :cool:

Tim

PM Yukon....

Comment

Jeff King....

......of King's Budget Charters. Not a kid, lives on the river, been a guide longer than a lot of those kid guides have been alive! He and his wife own Stewart's Landing. Jeff's a really good guy & guide.
      I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!

Comment

Wilson's Guide Service

From everyone I have talked to including other alaskan guides Jim Wilson knows more about fishing than almost anyone on the kenai. He would be a great guy to go with. His prices are reasonable which is hard to say for a kenai guide. Most guides charge 275 or 300 a person now. 225 is a lot better in my opinion. I booked the whole boat for July 25th with Mark Glassmaker. He charges 275 per person. Good luck.

Comment

Tim Hiners Fishing

You want an Alaskan Guide - How about the one with guide license 001
          Tim Hiner has been on the river for longer than anyone I know of - He is an Alaska resident and owns his home in Soldotna. His prices are quite reasonable and he will cater to your wishes. Contact him at 262-9729
          (the only problem is he might not have any openings - he has a massive repeat cliental return)
          How stupid is it to be wasting tons of salmon and halibut as bycatch in the Bering Sea and then have the coastal villages hollaring they have no food? It's got to stop!

Comment

Originally posted by T.R. Bauer View Post
            PM Yukon....
            Agreed. Send Yukon a message. He's a good guy and has lots of experience on the river.

Comment

Originally posted by brian m View Post
              agreed. Send yukon a message. He's a good guy and has lots of experience on the river.

+1
              "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
              sigpic
              The KeenEye MD

Comment

Ok... maybe I'll pm Yukon. Seems like he's highly recommended.

Our anniversary is June 2 so the wife and I have no kids. I wanted to take my wife on a charter (she doesn't like bank fishing as much as fishing on a charter-those work "team building" trips out of Whittier & Seward have spoiled her! Due to budget constraints they're not doing the team building this year.) I may save the king trip until the second run in July as May may be early.

Tim

Comment

Jack O'Neil. 35+ years on the river. Knows it like the back of his hand. Never been skunked fishing with him or his sons Mark & Mike. 283-3788 or 360-288-2789.

Comment

fenton bros......great guys...
                    I ♥ Big Sheep

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X