Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

corky / squid rig for copper river kings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alaskan Salmon Sith
    replied
    Fish it strait up!!! No sauce needed. Rinse and repeat

ANNOTATE YOUR FISH IMMEDIATELY AND DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT LIFTING YOUR FISH OUT FOR A PICTURE....HEHE!

Leave a comment:

• Bowhunt302
    replied
    When using yarn do add scent, like lunker sauce?

thanks for the help guys, it is really appreciated

Leave a comment:

• JediMasterSalmonSlayer
    replied
    Originally posted by Alaskan Salmon Sith View Post
    LoL! I seem to remember an incident on the Copper that involved you, a king, a corky, and something else.....what's missing?
    A King, a large orange spin n glow, and green yarn. I think you are developing signs and symptoms of alzheimer's?

Leave a comment:

• JediMasterSalmonSlayer
    replied
    Originally posted by Bowhunt302 View Post
    Jedi, I think it is your videos on you tube that I have seen? Pretty awesome stuff, revenge of the sockeye didn't look so awesome.

Any colors besides yellow on the squid bodies?

Is this fished by flippin?
    Casting as far as I could get it out into the current, I believe large bright spin n glows work better with yarn at this location. I do use a variety of plastic squids in fresh water for kings, however this location would have me lean towards the spin n glow based on the amount of hook ups I have had.

Leave a comment:

• JediMasterSalmonSlayer
    replied
    Originally posted by Dr.No View Post
    I've never heard of people catching kings in the Copper, with the exception of where the Klutina runs into it...Would one of you guys care to enlighten me?
    YES, you are now enlighted

1/4 to 1/2 mile downstream of the confluence.

Leave a comment:

• Alaskan Salmon Sith
    replied
    Walking down.

Leave a comment:

• colorado jet boater
    replied
    klutina/copper

are you guys walking down or boating?

Leave a comment:

• Alaskan Salmon Sith
    replied
    I've had a lot of luck with a green squid and orange corkies.

Jedi and I have actually caught kings at the mouth of the Klutina where it dumps into the Copper as well as about a 1/2 mile downstream from the confluence as well. There is a prominent sand bar that runs along the Copper.

Leave a comment:

• Bowhunt302
    replied
    Jedi, I think it is your videos on you tube that I have seen? Pretty awesome stuff, revenge of the sockeye didn't look so awesome.

Any colors besides yellow on the squid bodies?

Is this fished by flippin?

Leave a comment:

• Dr.No
    replied
    I've never heard of people catching kings in the Copper, with the exception of where the Klutina runs into it...Would one of you guys care to enlighten me?

Leave a comment:

• Alaskan Salmon Sith
    replied
    Originally posted by JediMasterSalmonSlayer View Post
    I do not think it will work???
    LoL! I seem to remember an incident on the Copper that involved you, a king, a corky, and something else.....what's missing?

Leave a comment:

• JediMasterSalmonSlayer
    replied
    Squid Rig?

Originally posted by Alaskan Salmon Sith View Post
    This technique works. 3" squid, 1 OZ nana weight, and a corky of any size. I've gone with one of a larger size (I have no idea the size) and I've also used 3 of the smaller sizes. My .02.
    I do not think it will work???

Leave a comment:

• Alaskan Salmon Sith
    replied
    This technique works. 3" squid, 1 OZ nana weight, and a corky of any size. I've gone with one of a larger size (I have no idea the size) and I've also used 3 of the smaller sizes. My .02.

Leave a comment:

• Bowhunt302
    started a topic corky / squid rig for copper river kings?

corky / squid rig for copper river kings?

Seen this rig on a couple you tube videos, it looks pretty cool. How effective is it, what size squids are people using? What size corkies? split shot weight?

Any help would be appreciated.

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X