Alexander Lake Ice Fishing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alexander Lake Ice Fishing?

How is the ice fishing on Alexander Lake? can you still catch big pike this time of year? friend and i thinkin of riding out there and stayin a day or two and try to catch some nice pike....any advice on gear/bait/ depth?
    sigpic

Release Lake Trout

Originally posted by Hunt&FishAK View Post
    How is the ice fishing on Alexander Lake? can you still catch big pike this time of year? friend and i thinkin of riding out there and stayin a day or two and try to catch some nice pike....any advice on gear/bait/ depth?
    Big herring, 6-8". Be out there early, and bring a fair amount of tip ups. You guys should have no problem getting some fish.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Comment

how to

How do you get out there? Was at flathorn last weekend and was wondering how far that is from Alexander...fishing was not very good at Flathorn.

Comment

You might want to read the regs real good on Alexander lake. Only 2 sets alowed and In Alexander Lake, these daily limits apply to northern pike: less than 22” long—no bag
        limit; 22” to 30” long—NO RETENTION; longer than 30”—1 per day/1 in possession.
        Spears or bow and arrow are not allowed for taking northern pike in Alexander Lake. There is a guy in a blue and white cub that might stop by not just to say hi.

Comment

thanks for the replies, but what part of the lake would i fish? i hear that the only deeper water is in the outlet area, also, where would i find a map of the trail if there is one?
          sigpic

Release Lake Trout

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X