No announcement yet.

Fishing in April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard to beat Kodiak, but Yakutat has steelhead heaven, and saltwater is good in April too. Don't know a lot about POW, but these are the two I'd toss around.
    www.akfishology.com

fishing isn't about life or death... it's more important than that.

Comment

i bet

that if you put a hook in your wife's mouth and threw her in the salt that she would do things that even a King can't do! LOL...........

Comment

Raptor 1. That was hilarious. I don't know how many times I have said the same things over the last few months. I told my wife just last week that you can't fish on a house but you can live on a boat. You can imagine the look I got. Then again, the beer thought it was hilarious.
        sigpic

Comment

Yea I'm just glad she doesn't come on here. I'd be a dead man for sure. I think this time of year we would all do some "suspicious" things to catch a few fish.
          Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

Comment

Originally posted by slimreinecke View Post
            I would love to go for steelhead. Are the rivers accessible without a rental car?... never been to juneau.
            not in Juneau... Been here 3 April's now, haven't seen a steely yet.
            I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Comment

Originally posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
              not in Juneau... Been here 3 April's now, haven't seen a steely yet.

Your just slacking then...

Comment

Originally posted by OneLunG View Post
                Your just slacking then...
                I was thinking the same thing... that's gotta be from lack of effort, because I'm sure there's no skill lacking there! ;-)

Oh, aren't classes still in session in April? Maybe the opportunities are limited?

-Case
                M/V CanCan - 34' SeaWolf - Bandon, OR
                sigpic

Comment

When's the last time you saw a steelhead in April on the road system??? I caught one in october once though...

Comment

When's the last time you saw a steelhead in April on the road system??? I caught one in october once though...
                    Steelhead don't drive cars, so I've never technically seen one "on the road system"... They have a hard time with the "fish out of water" routine too, so unless you're talking about Montana Creek Road that's flooded out, I don't see them walking "on the road system" either...

Catching them while they're still in the water, however, is a relatively enjoyable task in April around these parts...!

-Case
                    M/V CanCan - 34' SeaWolf - Bandon, OR
                    sigpic

Comment

I know some guys who had a banner week in Yakutat on the Situk River for steel in april. They had steady action and a few fish that were amazing.

Comment

2008 season to be exact......Just sayin.....

Comment

I must be doing something wrong, haven't seen a fish yet... We'll see what this april holds

Comment

Any steelhead to be caught on the penninsula in April? I'm supposed to be deploying all summer so I gotta get all the fishing in I can in April and May.
                            Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

Comment

Kasilof has run backs in April... if you're into that sort of thing.
                              www.akfishology.com

fishing isn't about life or death... it's more important than that.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X