X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catch It
    replied
    Originally posted by NickofTime View Post
    Since Alaska is home to the Gasterosteus aculeatus aculeatus, I'd have to say 3 spines!
    depending on where you are at you may find the aptly named 9-spine stickleback.....although they don't get as big and the filleting gets tricky.

Leave a comment:

• akiceman25
    replied
    yes, I'm upriver from the power plant. Spud away!

Leave a comment:

• akjw7
    replied
    Always good advice - are you above the power plant?

I checked it out yesterday and the well worn trail near wainwright seems to have held up fine, but you're right some spots off the trail look very iffy...I'll be spudding my way out to any untested spots before I ride or fish on them for sure.

Leave a comment:

• akiceman25
    replied
    Please be very careful on the Chena. I live within eyeshot of it and with the recent thaws it had several areas of open water show up. With the current cold temperatures and several inches of snow these area could easily have gotten disguised and appear to be safe. Good Fishing!

Leave a comment:

• NickofTime
    replied
    Since Alaska is home to the Gasterosteus aculeatus aculeatus, I'd have to say 3 spines!

Leave a comment:

• DRIFTER_016
    replied
    Originally posted by NickofTime View Post
    Rumor has it, there's some trophy-sized sticklebacks in there too!

Three or Seven Spine???????

Leave a comment:

• NickofTime
    replied
    Rumor has it, there's some trophy-sized sticklebacks in there too!

Leave a comment:

• big_dog60
    replied
    Yes burbot and I think greyling also over winter there. Don't know about pike.

Leave a comment:

• akjw7
    started a topic Any fish in the Chena overwinter?

Any fish in the Chena overwinter?

Anybody know if any fish overwinter in the chena or do they all migrate out?

I've burbot fished down at the mouth and on the tanana some, but I live over by wainwright and am only a couple of streets from the river. If there was even a chance at burbot or pike in that part of the river I'd be thrilled.

It's just so easy and close that I could get out a lot more than having to drive across town or out of town. (I don't have a trailer for my sled which really makes it hard for me to get out on the tanana much)

Thanks

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X