Long Lake off Glenn Highway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Lake off Glenn Highway

Does anyone have any recommendations for fishing this lake? My dad and I are going up there for some Burbot this weekend and maybe a few char. Any thoughts? It'll be our first time up there. Thanks for any help.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

i like to fish by the rock slide in about 40' of water, i usually pick up dollies here. i also like to fish by the ice house, and about 3/4 of the way down the lake on the left side. i like to have one rod with shrimp and one rod to jig. either a spoon or a tube jig tipped with shrimp. a good percent of the fish i catch i catch by jigging on the bottom then reeling about half way. if there are any fish looking they usually chase then bight.

don't forget to bring a gun because there are a ton of birds and bunnies at both ends of the lake.

good luck.

Comment

The rock slideis good also the only point of land in the lake on the right has produced for me. I wouldnt hesitate to set a line super deep either. Caught some nice ones in that deep water although it is slow out there.

Comment

Thanks for the help, we're gonna hit it hard. We're going to hit Big Lake hard too as we really want to get some Burbot. I will report.
        "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Comment

i've caught a few burbot out of long lake, but nothing too big. i have caught them on the more gradual slopes. not the really steep drop offs. not saying they aren't there, i just havn't caught burbot at those spots

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X