Best place to live in ak for saltwater/freshwater kings and cohos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place to live in ak for saltwater/freshwater kings and cohos

Hello all, I was wondering what you guys think is the best place in alaska to pursue both saltwater and freshwater kings. Taking into account that one day you could be offshore trolling or mooching and the next day in the jet boat or drift boat. If you just had one place to do both, where would you be?

Ninilchik.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian M View Post
      Ninilchik.

Deep Creek, Anchor River and homer. Those 4 cover it pretty darn good
      Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Comment

I'd throw in the Kasilof for the drift boat.

Comment

Originally posted by qkayak View Post
          I'd throw in the Kasilof for the drift boat.
          Whoops you are correct. How did that one slip my mind. Good call qkayak
          Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Comment

Elfin Cove,Pelican,Douglas who needs a drift boat.
            If youve got to have the drift boat option,Yakutat.

ak4195

Comment

How about Kodiak?
              http://www.youtube.com/growden1

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Comment

I'm not an expert, but I went to kodiak 2 years ago and went out on the salt twice and we slayed the kings. First day I caught 8 and my buddy caught 6 and we got a few silvers each. The second day we had to work a little harder, but still got into um. Plus we caught double digit halibut each both days too.

I know there isn't much as far as river runs on Kodiak, but in the salt it's all year long.

Comment

Originally posted by nbajack70 View Post
                  I'm not an expert, but I went to kodiak 2 years ago and went out on the salt twice and we slayed the kings. First day I caught 8 and my buddy caught 6 and we got a few silvers each. The second day we had to work a little harder, but still got into um. Plus we caught double digit halibut each both days too.

I know there isn't much as far as river runs on Kodiak, but in the salt it's all year long.
                  Back in the early '90's we anchored up in Larson bay and hiked into Karluk river(4 easy miles the way I remember it).Incredible warm day with more kings than your best wet dream.Never had a chance to fish the mouth,although my buddy has,risky place to anchor up a boat with the exposure to the SW.
                  I know personally of one other killer small river off the road system,3lb rainbows,6lb steelies,reds and silvers to boot,kings unknown
                  ...sorry mums the word.....I was told of another just a tad to East of aforementioned honey hole for steellies,but havent personally been there

ak4195

Comment

It really depends if you want lots of kings, or big kings.
                    www.akfishology.com

fishing isn't about life or death... it's more important than that.

Comment

Originally posted by markw3 View Post

What if he wants lots of big kings????
                      sigpic
                      www.arcticangler.ca
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy_7mPiqoqw&t=11s

Comment

Originally posted by markw3 View Post
                        Like most things,but then whens the last time you went to a freshwater king hole and outside of 4 other shipmates(only one of which was really interested),there was no one around for MILES.Ill take 25-30lbers all day long rather than hastle with competition.

ak4195

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X