Pix of favorite ice fishing jigs & rigs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pix of favorite ice fishing jigs & rigs

Just for fun and learning, I'd like to see pix of your favorite ice fishing jigs and/or rigs, bait etc. Post them here! Taking the kids out this weekend...

Thx,
    Brian

I like small plastic tube jigs on the lakes for rainbows or char - just slide them on a lead head jig and tip with a piece of shrimp....glow in the dark jig head and tube keeps me fishing in the dark too.
    Attached Files

Comment

MY Favorite

Kind of tricky to use.
      Attached Files
      Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

ha! I always thought it was relatively easy to use! Your method does tend to ruin the ice though...

Reminds me of the ice fishing joke - "I would ice fish more often, but making the hole big enough for the boat takes too long."

Comment

...Ice fishermen ...bunch of jokers! :rolleyes: But I was serious in my request for pictures! I'd like to see what works and what people have to say about them! (Thanks akjw7 for your jig photo)

Brian

Comment

Demon jigs

I was at Birch Lake yesterday and did well with the Demon Ratso glow in the jigs tipped with cured shrimp. I don't have any pictures of the set up though. The char seemed to love this more than the bows did.
            Jason

Comment

Sweedish Pimple

and various jigs

Other than that a night crawler works wonders too.
              It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks all! These give me a pretty good idea of where to start! (Just got my own ice auger this year...)

Brian

Comment

heres one i made myself. the lakers in long lake seem to like these pretty well.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Anybody ever try marabou jigs for lakers? I've got a bunch of them kicking around from my steelheading days (before moving to Fairbanks ...no' mo' steelhead!)

Brian

Comment

AKJACK How do you cure your shrimp or do you buy them that way?

Comment

I have never tried marabou jigs for lakers but I have been successful with them for everything from pike to salmon.
                        It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by garnede View Post
                          I have never tried marabou jigs for lakers but I have been successful with them for everything from pike to salmon.
                          Looking at your last jigs picture, I'd say that there has to be a strong chance that they'll work for lakers. I'd have been out trying them today ...but dang, found out that the ice in the FBX area is now over 48" on the lakes. All I can do is make really cool looking post holes in the ice... I need some extension so I can make it all the way through to the water! Ran the power head clear down to the surface on Sunday afternoon and I could see the water ...about an inch further than I could drill! Lucky we found some frozen-over holes from other people that I could re-drill. Came home with about 30 char and silver salmon-puppies for our effort (and one rainbow.) Kids had a great time and dinner was delish!

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by tananaBrian View Post
                            Anybody ever try marabou jigs for lakers? I've got a bunch of them kicking around from my steelheading days (before moving to Fairbanks ...no' mo' steelhead!)

Brian
                            Marabou jigs in all sizes are my favorite jigs for trout and char. Pink/white and chartreuse. Sometimes I'll tip them with just a pinch of shrimp to add a little scent.

Marabou has an alluring motion in the water that is tough to beat. (Look at the success of the wooly bugger fly.) While I've had plenty of fish hit marabou jigs while I was jigging them, I've had numerous fish (enough that it's not unexpected) hammer a marabou jig it's just hanging down there motionless. So it can be worthwhile to stop jigging from time to time and just let it sit (the marabou fibers will just pulsate in the water).
                            Pursue happiness with diligence.

Comment

Favorite Ice fishing Jigs

Here are some of the Jigs that have been working well for me, lately. Most all of the jigs are handpainted from www.jamminjigs.com/. Very nice finishes, and those folks in Minnesota may not know much about winning Super Bowls, but they can paint a jig.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X