salmon roe screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• salmon roe screen

I recently saw a guy seperating salmon roe from the skiens using a stainless steel 1/4 inch mesh that had a circular flange that fit very nicely over the lip of a 5 gallon bucket. It worked great and was very efficient. Does anyone know where I can get one? I did about an hour worth of google searching to no avail. Thanks

Screen

why are you seperating your eggs from the skeins'? Simple method would be a warm water salt brine to loosen them from and disolve the membrane, prepares them great for curing or eating...either way
    when I cure my roe for use in single egg form (in order to make percise spawn sacks) I use an every day door screen sprayed with some secret lubricant and than periodically roll the eggs around like you would food in a frying pan.

Comment

screens...

You can find them in gourmet food shops.

You can also easily make one by simply cutting a round circle of screen mesh oversized to your bucket, and then twist wire it on.

http://www.alaskanauthor.com
      "Two decades researching and defining fishing opportunities in the Last Frontier!"

Comment

Badmitton (sp) racket..

go buy one of those, rub the eggs with the scane up over a strainer. Works great...

Comment

how about a tennis racket??
          sigpic
          Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
          Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
          Ropes, Buoys, Bait
          alaskashrimppots.com
          akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
          907 775 1692

Comment

Footer Adsense