Valdez Silvers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valdez Silvers

I'm heading to Valdez next Thursday for the weekend and am going try my luck at Silvers. We'll have a boat and gear, just not too sure on where to go. Haven't done Valdez before. I'm getting mixed reports from various people. Any help from the forum would be appreciated. Thanks...

I would troll the edges of the bay, more towards the mouth (by the Gulf). Just check out the other boats and you'll see where they are.
    "Wine can of their wits the wise beguile, Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile." - Homer, Odyssey

Comment

Just head out until you see 40 boats trolling in circles and that is the spot. Probably be out by the narrows this Thursday and much closer to the Harbor by next Thursday.

Comment

follow the boats

swampdonkey as the previous posts read just look for the boats. I usually start going after sheep season (about 3rd week of Aug.) By that time they seem to be between shoup and Mineral Creek. So I'd guess a little farther past Shoup would put you on some fish. Sounds like fun.

Comment

My bad on my last post here...I was thinking Seward. Ignore my above post. Thanks.
          "Wine can of their wits the wise beguile, Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile." - Homer, Odyssey

Comment

I read in the Fairbanks Daily Newsminer that they were started to show up off Allison Point already which is pretty early. Stop by Hook Line and Sinker and talk to Larry in there. He will know what is up with them.

Comment

I talked to larry yesterday. he said that people mistake bright pinks for silvers and they aren't into the bay yet.

Comment

silvers?

Any word on if any silvers being caught yet off Allison pt? figure its too early but heading over Monday Aug 14.

Comment

I hear that they are spotty out by the narrows and only a few by Allison point. Might be a little early to head down yet.

Comment

re

My tugboat buddy who works there in the bay just told me they are catching silvers in the narrows.
                    www.alaskahydrographics.com

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X