Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LuJon
    replied
    I had a bad case of losing em tonight but I hooked up a bunch and landed 1. Wife landed a pair of 4-5 lb bucks. We hooked up on a variety of #4 vibrax, in black, flourecent orange, silver/pink, solid gold. Aparently blue is not working cause this poor lady threw one into the hole my wife and I were fishing and she never so much as hooked up. There are a good number of fish in there but it was not fast and furious by any means. I got tommorrow off so I will be up and back out there in about 3 hours! Let me rephrase I hooked the 1 but my 6 y/o fought and landed it, my 4 y/o landed one of the 2 my wife hooked. I will throw the pictures up when I download them tommorow

Leave a comment:

• SalmonMan
    replied
    What's Working?

Home cured king salmon eggs. I got there last night around 9:00. Fished till 12:30. Caught my limit plus about 10 more, releasing the smaller fish till I got two nice fattys. Got up around 4:00. No one else around or fishing. Caught my limit plus released about 15 more. Most people don't believe me. But there might be a few on here that I let use some eggs. They caught half a dozen between everyone using them. That was all by 8:00 this morning. Took my wife back out this afternoon and it was dead. Lot's of people showing up now.

Leave a comment:

• SRJesse
    replied
    I have heard vibrax is working... Last week saw people flipping but no luck. Will report back after my trip up there this week again...

Leave a comment:

• BGEBROWN
    replied
    Jim Creek

What are people catching them on?

Leave a comment:

• Incomel
    replied
    I fished for about four hours yesterday and caught one nice 10lb coho. My brother comes in around 3pm from four wheeling and catches one 4 and another 6lb coho in about 20 minutes. From what I saw though he was the exception. I guess that is how it goes sometimes. At least my one equaled his two in weight.:cool:

Leave a comment:

• chellesman
    replied
    well,the trip went good..I did my usual and hooked 8-10 fish without landing a one the 8 year old nephew brought home dinner though, and the rest of the kids got to hook up and feel the fight of a salmon before going home.all in all it was a good trip. only regret that I dont live in the butte anymore..cant just go fishing after work everyday

Leave a comment:

• fishNphysician
    replied
    A buddy and I pulled in there, backed the pickup to the waters edge, and started fishing off the tailgate under the protection of the canopy.

Fished about 3-4 hours free-drifting eggs with ZERO weight.

He caught nine to my four... typical for the fish god that he is.

Leave a comment:

• chellesman
    replied
    oh ya, i mean, ummmm...should be some fish in there in a couple weeks....(that better?)....well time to go fishing...lol

Leave a comment:

• y0gee
    replied

Originally posted by chellesman View Post
    they are in jim creek...not heavy yet ,but with a few hours of patience people are limiting..I have 3 nephews up from below, going home tomorrow. Sent the father in law to jim yesterday to check it out. he seen 18 fish landed in 2 hours. I am buying the kids all hip boots and gonna get em a salmon today (hopefully)
    Shhhhhh.....

Leave a comment:

• chellesman
    replied
    they are in jim creek...not heavy yet ,but with a few hours of patience people are limiting..I have 3 nephews up from below, going home tomorrow. Sent the father in law to jim yesterday to check it out. he seen 18 fish landed in 2 hours. I am buying the kids all hip boots and gonna get em a salmon today (hopefully)

Leave a comment:

• Water_Gremlin
    replied
    Whoah there clancy, you're digging up some old bones here. I've caught the occasional chum with a red and silver here and there a tad farther south of Jim Creek over the years. It's still early. I usually wait until the last week of July or first week of August to fish Jim Creek.

Leave a comment:

• Incomel
    replied
    Any heat yet? Thinking about heading there tomorrow morning. Probably should be on the Kenai but couldn't make it this weekend. Hoping Jims Creek might have a few showing.

Leave a comment:

• AKRoadkill
    replied
    Originally posted by greythorn3 View Post
    so are they biting it seems a little early for jim creek

Ray
    Yeah, this thread is almost 2 years old. Hold yer horses; still a couple months til Jim Creek heats up.

Leave a comment:

• greythorn3
    replied
    so are they biting it seems a little early for jim creek

Ray

Leave a comment:

• akhunter3
    replied
    Originally posted by Bushpilot View Post
    Holy thread resurrection Batman!!:eek:

Amen to that!!! :eek:

Jon