Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i know

Originally posted by fishin View Post
    I have a friend from out of town visiting and we are looking at heading up to Jim Creek over the weekend. Since I have only been in the state a few months, I 'm in need of some advice on how to fish this area. What would you all recommend for gear? Vibrex, Flies, Eggs or any other gear? Thanks for any help you all can give.
    hey yeh dood i live right beside there so i go fishing there anytime i have a chance to so what i would do is use pink pixies and orange pixies and then use a pink vibrax size 4 and in the dark use a black colored vibrax trust me those will deinentley work, in one day with the tide i caught 7 silvers so man se yeh on the river!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BearSlayer View Post
      Can you tell me where Jim Creek is located?

thanks
      jim creek is located in the butte right by a drag racing place just ask anyone around the butte and anyone can tell u

Comment

Holy thread resurrection Batman!!:eek:
        I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive safely at death.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Bushpilot View Post
          Holy thread resurrection Batman!!:eek:

Amen to that!!! :eek:

Jon

Comment

so are they biting it seems a little early for jim creek

Ray
            Semper Fi!

Comment

Originally posted by greythorn3 View Post
              so are they biting it seems a little early for jim creek

Ray
              Yeah, this thread is almost 2 years old. Hold yer horses; still a couple months til Jim Creek heats up.

Comment

Any heat yet? Thinking about heading there tomorrow morning. Probably should be on the Kenai but couldn't make it this weekend. Hoping Jims Creek might have a few showing.

Comment

Whoah there clancy, you're digging up some old bones here. I've caught the occasional chum with a red and silver here and there a tad farther south of Jim Creek over the years. It's still early. I usually wait until the last week of July or first week of August to fish Jim Creek.
                  sigpic

Comment

they are in jim creek...not heavy yet ,but with a few hours of patience people are limiting..I have 3 nephews up from below, going home tomorrow. Sent the father in law to jim yesterday to check it out. he seen 18 fish landed in 2 hours. I am buying the kids all hip boots and gonna get em a salmon today (hopefully)

Comment

Originally posted by chellesman View Post
                      they are in jim creek...not heavy yet ,but with a few hours of patience people are limiting..I have 3 nephews up from below, going home tomorrow. Sent the father in law to jim yesterday to check it out. he seen 18 fish landed in 2 hours. I am buying the kids all hip boots and gonna get em a salmon today (hopefully)
                      Shhhhhh.....

Comment

oh ya, i mean, ummmm...should be some fish in there in a couple weeks....(that better?)....well time to go fishing...lol

Comment

A buddy and I pulled in there, backed the pickup to the waters edge, and started fishing off the tailgate under the protection of the canopy.

Fished about 3-4 hours free-drifting eggs with ZERO weight.

He caught nine to my four... typical for the fish god that he is.
                          "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
                          sigpic
                          The KeenEye MD

Comment

well,the trip went good..I did my usual and hooked 8-10 fish without landing a one the 8 year old nephew brought home dinner though, and the rest of the kids got to hook up and feel the fight of a salmon before going home.all in all it was a good trip. only regret that I dont live in the butte anymore..cant just go fishing after work everyday

Comment

I fished for about four hours yesterday and caught one nice 10lb coho. My brother comes in around 3pm from four wheeling and catches one 4 and another 6lb coho in about 20 minutes. From what I saw though he was the exception. I guess that is how it goes sometimes. At least my one equaled his two in weight.:cool:

Comment

Jim Creek

What are people catching them on?

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X