Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valdez reports

I will be fishing June 5-12, I will update this thread with information. If anyone is in town wants to buddy boat or link up I will keep my eye open on this thread and look forward to seeing everyone.

Tight Lines.
    Tom

Thanks. I was out near Knowles Head last weekend. Managed 2, 20 pound halibut and released 2. Your best doing an over night trip and bringing back 4 fish.

Patriot Life Member NRA
    Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
    Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

Sounds good. With 4 kids that most likely will be no. I have a spot by Goose that was good to me last year. I have a few more prospects around Goose that i will try and I am going to try Jack and Galena bays again (not much luck for halibut there).

Comment

We caught some decent size coppers between galena and tititlick narrows last weekend. Wanted to go for bligh Reef but with a couple youngins on the boat I didnt want to make it uncomfortable. Kept 3 coppers and got about 3/4 gallon of tails for our day boat rental

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
        but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Comment

Got the boat in the water, shrimp pots soaking. Tried Jack Bay-nada. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Comment

Got 1/2 gallon of tails and one Irish lord. Was a wet cold day, some wind and a decent chop.

Comment

I will be down around 11 a.m. to pull my pots. It just poured in the last 24 hours. Hopefully you can get to some better areas today and those kids cane get some fish.

Patriot Life Member NRA

Comment

We’re hoping to get into the fish, they are having a great time. Have heard from everyone the fishing is slow. It would be nice if the weather was better, today looks nice for now.

Comment

Yesterday was one each of yellow eye and cod and 186 prawns.

Comment

Yesterday the boogie man got my shrimp had 23, got a 60# halibut across from Jack Bay.

Comment

Originally posted by Rope View Post
                      Yesterday the boogie man got my shrimp had 23, got a 60# halibut across from Jack Bay.
                      Don't feel bad about the shrimp. My total took a dive yesterday too. It does happen from time to time as the shrimp wander around in a biomass. Unless you can verify that someone cut a tie, or as friend had happen, removed his bait jars, emptied them and stacked them in the pot knowing when your robbed is hard to prove.

Patriot Life Member NRA

Comment

Empty bait jars unscrewed from the lids and a 1/2-3/4 down from the drop. W either it was the boogie man or not, pretty weird.

Comment

Octopus will get into bait jars. They are pretty intelligent. But if the other stuff is messed with, it just might be the boogie man.

Patriot Life Member NRA

Comment

I tie on a piece of rubber tip up line on the part of my pot that i open to dump out the shrimp. If that line is cut i know the boogie man got them. I have had ocotopus unscrew my bait jar in homer. I know it was a pus because when i brought it up the pot it was still in there munching on the last of the crab
                            I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
                            but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Comment

Great idea, going to start that. Today was rough, windy and rainy we couldn’t stay on anchor. No fish but 72 shrimp. The 9 month old Britney took a swim. He was smart enough to realize the shore was a piece off and loaded up on the swim deck.

Comment

Footer Ad Module 300 x 300

Collapse

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X