Josh Brooks gone. R.I.P.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh Brooks gone. R.I.P.

Josh from Brooks Alaskan Adventures is gone...way too soon.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

What? Hoping this is a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullelkklr View Post
      What? Hoping this is a joke.

Not a joke. Go to his FB page.

Comment

He passed away yesterday on his way home from Mexico. Please keep his wife and children in your thoughts.
        “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
        "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Comment

praying for their family

Comment

Condolences to the Brooks family...donations can be made here: https://www.mealtrain.com/trains/07yg73
            "– Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Comment

Fishiest guy I've ever met, hands down. That guy just breathed fishing and he sure seemed to enjoy the hell out of life. I'm thankful I had the opportunity to fish with him several times.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian M View Post
                Fishiest guy I've ever met, hands down. That guy just breathed fishing and he sure seemed to enjoy the hell out of life. I'm thankful I had the opportunity to fish with him several times.
                We did lots of winter King trips with him. Always a good time. Sad to learn he is gone.

Comment

He was a well known charter guide and highly respected for his fishing skills in communities outside of this forum. My uncle was looking to book a trip for himself and friends. I recommended Josh but said he was so popular that it might be 2023 before a charter date might be available. This is really sad news!

Comment

Unbelievable. Went fishing with him in March. Wow. Prayers up.
                    Note to self: Don't argue with idiots, it just beings you down to their level where they overwhelm you with their more extensive experience in being an idiot.... and, you can't fix stupid!

Comment

Really glad I got to take a trip with him. That charter trip is why I keep my boat in Homer every winter. I was always looking for him on the water. When I heard the news it ruined my day.

Comment

Man this is a tough one. I did a winter king trip with Josh 7 years ago, the day after Christmas. Much like Baker, he is the reason I keep my boat in Homer in winter and spring. Over the years Josh was extremely helpful, when we were fishing in the same area he'd send me a Facebook message asking how we were doing and gave me a ton of tips on what gear he was having success with. Prayers for his wife Joleen and his daughters during this tough time.
                        In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Comment

Blessed to have fished with him twice. He always went the extra mile to put you on the fish. Other operators trying to keep their cost down would be fishing for chickens around Seldovia where he would press on nearly to the Baranofs always finding the larger fish and finding time to load up on other species. His boat always impeccable and rigged ready to fish.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X