X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• akfunhog
    replied
    Originally posted by bkbaker View Post
    Yes. However Whittier harbor is 35 minutes from my front door. <br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When the roads are plowed

Leave a comment:

• bkbaker
    replied
    Yes. However Whittier harbor is 35 minutes from my front door. <br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• akfunhog
    replied
    Originally posted by bkbaker View Post
    Final report from my winter in Whittier. Itís was worse than I thought it would be. <br/><br/>Road conditions between highway and tunnel were pretty unbelievable at times. <br/>Road conditions after the tunnel were also unbelievable at times. <br/>It snows a lot. <br/>It gets dark really early when then sun drops below mountains, short days. <br/>Winds was worse then most of the year. <br/>I could not find a king salmon. <br/>I blew up the lower unit of my 300 Suzuki. <br/>I had a death defying tow to Homer for repair, in January. <br/>Boat is back in normal stomping grounds of Homer. <br/><br/>Someday I will have a slip in Whittier and I will try another winter. <br/>Maybe. <br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have to give you some serious credit for the attempt. Undoubtedly the weather and fishing is better in K-bay in the winter.

Leave a comment:

• bkbaker
    replied
    Final report from my winter in Whittier. Itís was worse than I thought it would be. <br/><br/>Road conditions between highway and tunnel were pretty unbelievable at times. <br/>Road conditions after the tunnel were also unbelievable at times. <br/>It snows a lot. <br/>It gets dark really early when then sun drops below mountains, short days. <br/>Winds was worse then most of the year. <br/>I could not find a king salmon. <br/>I blew up the lower unit of my 300 Suzuki. <br/>I had a death defying tow to Homer for repair, in January. <br/>Boat is back in normal stomping grounds of Homer. <br/><br/>Someday I will have a slip in Whittier and I will try another winter. <br/>Maybe. <br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Fish Witch
    replied
    Nice pictures! Reminds me of some great winter days out on the Sound when I took my boys out skiing and deer hunting. Nothing like it! You'll get those kings figured out soon enough, it's not all about the catching after all!

Leave a comment:

• bkbaker
    started a topic Winter in Whittier

Winter in Whittier

I have had a dry early winter for King Salmon in PWS. It been beautiful, snowy, stormy, and cold. I have made contact with a few tanner crab but no king salmon. Going to keep putting time in and try to learn this winter fishery.

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X