PWS Tanners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PWS Tanners

Anyone willing to give up some tanner info in Western PWS? I have caught immature tanner in my shrimp pots before. <br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the effort it takes to find them that kind of info is hard to share. Spend lots of time trying spots. I find them in 500-600 foot. They move a lot. Where you have riders on your shrimp pots in summer probably won’t be where they are during crab season. Use hanging baits and lots of it.<br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullelkklr View Post
      With the effort it takes to find them that kind of info is hard to share. Spend lots of time trying spots. I find them in 500-600 foot. They move a lot. Where you have riders on your shrimp pots in summer probably won’t be where they are during crab season. Use hanging baits and lots of it.<br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      <br/><br/>Thanks brother. <br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The recipe that has been working for me is one I got on this site a few years ago:
        1. Find a bowl (it can be a long skinny bowl) 400' - 500' deep that is near deeper water
        2. Use LOTS of bait, some hanging, and some in jars
        I don't know if the crabs mind a lot of current, but fishing 500' deep, usually in the middle of a channel, the pots and floats sure do. I run the big commercial bullet floats, and still need to wait for close to slack tide in some places with a big tide. My guess about the use of lots of bait is that there are millions of sand fleas in most of the places we fish, enough to strip a fish carcass in a few hours. We have caught a few tanners in 300' of water, but always do better in deeper water if there is some in the same "bowl". A good example of the bottom you are looking for is Port Frederick (Hoonah), one of the inlets in Icy Strait that the commercial tanner guys fish.

Big_E

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
        Working...
        X