Valdez Shore Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valdez Shore Fishing

Taking the Grandkids to Valdez this week. Is there any shore fishing available at this time? Thanks.

There are some mixed reports of some pinks showing up at the hatchery. So fishing Allison point "might" be possible. Other wise...… not much.

Patriot Life Member NRA
    Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
    Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

Wow! Pretty early for Pinks, but we’ll check it out. Thanks.

Comment

It is early but the one source I have works at the hatchery so he would know. I saw salmon jumping out around Glacier Is. but could not identify them. I thought they were reds but not really sure. If you want rock fish and no halibut a fun charter would be Josh Miller at Valdez Water Charter and Taxi. Great guy, does short trips, nice boat.

Patriot Life Member NRA
        Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
        Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

Before I departed the Klutina on July 7, I talked to a couple who had just come from Valdez. They got their kids onto dime bright pinks casting pixies at Allison Point. I don't doubt it, when my folks visited from AZ 5 years ago I took them to AP on July 12 and they absolutely blasted those pinks with spinners! They're not top tier table fare, IMO, but they can smoke up and can decently. I have a 6-day break from work coming up and am considering going down there to blast em just for kicks and giggles! They're a load of fun on a 6-weight fly rod chucking streamers!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X