Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seward Silvers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Seward Silvers

    The guy I share my slip with in Seward picked up two small silvers in Pony Cove 10 days ago. I've yet to target anything in that area yet but 4th July weekend is usually my first drag though Pony and Cheval. Any other reports out there?
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea
    _________________________________________________

    If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

  • #2
    Originally posted by tlingitwarrior View Post
    The guy I share my slip with in Seward picked up two small silvers in Pony Cove 10 days ago. I've yet to target anything in that area yet but 4th July weekend is usually my first drag though Pony and Cheval. Any other reports out there?
    We saw salmon jumping last weekend around Pilot Rock but could not catch any. Gonna try again this weekend.
    2007 24ft NorthRiver OS
    Twin 175 Suzuki's
    "Thunderbird"
    MMSI #338033856

    Comment


    • #3
      Any weekend pony/cheval reports? Would love to get back out there with my riverboat.

      Comment


      • #4
        My neighbor went this past Saturday and picked up six silvers and two small kings near Cheval in 40-60 fow

        Comment


        • #5
          Slow but picked up eight silvers at Cheval Friday/Saturday trolling for two hours each day. Trolled at 60’/2.0-2.5 kts.

          Comment


          • #6
            Any one been out this week? Seward must be a bit of a ghost town

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by tlingitwarrior View Post
              The guy I share my slip with in Seward picked up two small silvers in Pony Cove 10 days ago. I've yet to target anything in that area yet but 4th July weekend is usually my first drag though Pony and Cheval. Any other reports out there?
              TW

              We saw you at the Cheval Narrows yesterday - nice looking boat! The silvers are starting to show up there & Pony Cove. We picked up 10 silvers & 4 pinkies (3 rods) in the narrows for about 10 hrs of fishing. Quite a few boats on the horizon looking towards Pony but they weren't coming back very fast so it doesn't seem like it was hot & heavy out there either. Although we marked a few baitballs, all but one of our salmon had empty stomachs so it looks like this might be another year without alot of bait in the water. Hopefully it was just the two greys hanging out in the narrows all day that was sucking up the bait.


              2007 24ft NorthRiver OS
              Twin 175 Suzuki's
              "Thunderbird"
              MMSI #338033856

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by akdeweyj View Post

                TW

                We saw you at the Cheval Narrows yesterday - nice looking boat! The silvers are starting to show up there & Pony Cove. We picked up 10 silvers & 4 pinkies (3 rods) in the narrows for about 10 hrs of fishing. Quite a few boats on the horizon looking towards Pony but they weren't coming back very fast so it doesn't seem like it was hot & heavy out there either. Although we marked a few baitballs, all but one of our salmon had empty stomachs so it looks like this might be another year without alot of bait in the water. Hopefully it was just the two greys hanging out in the narrows all day that was sucking up the bait.

                Thanks Dewey. We picked up one silver and a small king in the narrows that day. Went to pony and got 8 more silvers and a bunch of pinkies. There was some massive bait balls in Pony, I didn't open any bellies.
                In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea
                _________________________________________________

                If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

                Comment


                • #9
                  Are you seeing much of the brown, stringy jellyfish that we had last year?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                    Are you seeing much of the brown, stringy jellyfish that we had last year?
                    Thats enough of that kinda talk Troy You're gonna jinx us. So far this year the count stands @ 1slimer & it was in the harbor by the gangway going up to the breakwater.

                    2007 24ft NorthRiver OS
                    Twin 175 Suzuki's
                    "Thunderbird"
                    MMSI #338033856

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I fished Pony on Friday, July 3rd and the Wednesday and Thursday July 8 & 9. 2 rods fishing all 3 times and we got 6, 12 and 10 silvers. Many, many pinks as well that we were tossing back. No jellyfish but I did hear of someone complaining on the radio of Jellys in the Cheval Narrows. Briefly fished Cheval and got nada. Silvers seem to be in but still spotty except for Wednesday where it was white hot and we had 3 separate double-hookups on our trolling rods. We weren't fancy at all either, just trolling with deep divers, spinning flashers and a strip of herring. They are definitely coming in at the South end of Res bay.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Thanks for the update ak man. We are planning on going out monday or tuesday.

                        Comment

                        Footer Adsense

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X