No announcement yet.

2020 Resurrection Reds Run Projections?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Resurrection Reds Run Projections?

Wondering if anyone has heard what the run projections are this year for the Res bay run? Last year I think it was projected around 308,000 but I can't find this years projections.

True north, the projected return this year is 310,500 sockeye. When you are harvesting these reds,along with many of the silvers in ressurection bay,please remember they are provided to you by cook inlet aquaculture association which is funded by cost recovery and a tax on cook inlet commercial fishermen. Good luck and tight lines!

Comment

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...arealci.salmon

April 24, 2020
      Lower Cook Inlet Salmon Fishery News Release #1
      EASTERN DISTRICT: Cook Inlet Aquaculture Association (CIAA) projects 494,000 hatchery released sockeye salmon will return to Resurrection Bay in 2020. Most of these fish will be targeted for cost recovery harvest; 12,800 are needed for escapement and broodstock. The remaining 144,000 fish may be available for common property harvest. Cost recovery operations will be voluntarily suspended within 100 feet of the water’s edge in the Spring Creek area from the Seward Ships Drydock, north to the area of the sawdust pile from 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM, 7 days per week.

Comment

Thx for the numbers guys! Looks like another good year
        Gunner- Thx for the reminder and I'm very aware of why we have this great resource and very grateful always tons of fun full stringer or not lol.

Comment

If the crowds are any indication, there must be a lot of folks thinking the fish are in. Went down to check on things Saturday and I've never seen so many people out snagging. However, I didn't see one fish anywhere on the beach or on anyone's stringer. Not a one. No jumpers either but the purse seiners were out working and they looked loaded down coming back into the harbor so must be in.

Comment

Because everyone and their mother posts how good they did on the 248 facebook pages for alaska fishing. That's why areas get flooded with people after one good weekend or one good day. That and theres not many other fishing opportunities for keeping salmon right now. <br/><br/>Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk<br/><br/>
            I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
            but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Comment

Amazing what a difference a front page article in the ADN does for a fishing spot, hehehe. Granted, more and more people have been showing up for the snag show in Seward every year, but it looked like it basically doubled in the last year in terms of attendance at this weekend's CF. Never seen anywhere near that many people. There may obviously be other factors, covid-related cabin fever, timing of the weekend with "prime time" of the run, etc., but I would bet the paper's feature on it last year played no small part in the crowding.

I could only make time for two tides with my home situation, so I fished Friday night (cue Billy Crystal voice) - mostly dead, and Saturday morning - completely dead (there's a big difference). I managed two fish Friday night and a goose egg Saturday. I hear the Saturday night tide was hot... of course. Anyway, be interesting to see how the pressure is on the Russian and Kenai this year. Any fishery that typically has a large out-of-state contingent may be less crowded than normal... or then again maybe not! As always, the biggest determining factor for whether or not you go home with a full cooler is the number of fish in the river, not the number of humans. When the fish are in, there always seems to be enough to go around. So be courteous and have fun!

-Gr
              My signature is awesome.

Comment

Greg buddy were you down there with owen? I am guessing so since he said the same thing. <br/><br/>Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk<br/><br/>
                I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
                but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Comment

I was looking to take my 11 yo son down there on Wednesday, tomorrow, from Eagle River. I wanted to see if you could help me with the geography. I’ve seen folks fishing the shoreline off Lowell PT road. But I was looking at going down by spring creek or Nash. Is it just the mouth of the resurrection folks fish? I saw a couple of posts from years back on fishing bear creek. Just trying to figure out where to park, etc. and how many hours before the high tide is normally good? Thanks for any info.

Comment

Originally posted by Gr is for Greg View Post
                    Amazing what a difference a front page article in the ADN does for a fishing spot
                    I think it was more the AOJ FB page than anything. Dude meant well in the beginning, but his page grew to 20K people and he was sending them all to the same 1-2 spots every weekend. It’s still my belief he shut it down on purpose after the upper Kenai had at least 2-3 times the people than a usual opener last year. I think he saw the monster he created and put a nail in it. There was some dude on here last year trying to start a new FB page. Hopefully he scrapped that idea and puts fishing ahead of his desire to be social media famous.

Comment

Originally posted by kwackkillncrew View Post
                      Greg buddy were you down there with owen? I am guessing so since he said the same thing. <br/><br/>Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk<br/><br/>
                      Yup! He managed a fish Friday night as well, when most people came up empty, so he did good! He doesn't fish much at all these days, but I think I've been with him for 90% of his fishing over the last 10 years.... which is like 3 occasions hahaha!
                      -Gr
                      My signature is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by hre814 View Post
                        I was looking to take my 11 yo son down there on Wednesday, tomorrow, from Eagle River. I wanted to see if you could help me with the geography. I’ve seen folks fishing the shoreline off Lowell PT road. But I was looking at going down by spring creek or Nash. Is it just the mouth of the resurrection folks fish? I saw a couple of posts from years back on fishing bear creek. Just trying to figure out where to park, etc. and how many hours before the high tide is normally good? Thanks for any info.
                        Yes, the red fishing is not down the Lowell Point road as far as I know, although I hear you can snag kings down that way. I've never fished it though, so don't take it from me. The red fishing most people do is down Nash road at the mouth of the Resurrection river. I've found that you can get schools of fish coming in anywhere from 3 hours before low to 3 hours after low, with the best fishing tending to be when the slack low tide starts to swing in for about the first hour. I have not heard that people do well at or around high tide down there, and there's a lot less room to fish at high tide, but I'm sure there's all different ways to skin a cat. -Gr
                        My signature is awesome.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X