Discovery Bay Power Hauler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discovery Bay Power Hauler

Anyone care to give an honest review of the Discovery Bay Power Hauler? I'm in the market to upgrade and this one is at an acceptable price point. My current system struggles to pull 3 pots on a single set, so that is a primary concern. I'd like the confidence in knowing I could pull 4 or even 5 pots on a string (in case the regs ever go back to what they were). If anyone is able to weigh in on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Member Rod123 has one. He loves it but has only been able to pull 3 pots because of the regs. I have no doubt it will pull more. If he doesn't chime in maybe send him a PM, tell him I suggested it you do that.

Patriot Life Member NRA
    Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
    Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

You might think about one of my Electra Dyne's, a bit more money but nothing out there pulls like one. Ask anyone who has one next time your in whittier or valdez. Please call me if you have any questions.
      sigpic
      Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
      Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
      Ropes, Buoys, Bait
      alaskashrimppots.com
      akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
      907 775 1692

Comment

I have one. Bought it from a store in anchorage. the model was hd923. Easy to install comes with everything you need. Works very well strong. Reasonable price. What’s that store Lfs marine or something like it. Shipped to me while I was in valdez. I couldn’t afford the electrodine. The Davit is extra
        Last edited by jkswor; 1 week ago.

Comment

Originally posted by ymcwawa View Post
          Anyone care to give an honest review of the Discovery Bay Power Hauler? I'm in the market to upgrade and this one is at an acceptable price point. My current system struggles to pull 3 pots on a single set, so that is a primary concern. I'd like the confidence in knowing I could pull 4 or even 5 pots on a string (in case the regs ever go back to what they were). If anyone is able to weigh in on this it would be greatly appreciated.
          I've had Three of the Discovery Bay pot pullers. It really struggled, bent, slowed over time, became unreliable and slow. I took it back for warranty work, and they claimed abuse and got nasty. Mine was the 623 I believe now they recomment the 923, but Honestly I think they use them in Seattle were they fish 100 feet and one pot. When we're doing 3 pots and at 500+ feet, I just don't think they can handle it. Another buddy of mine had the 923, but his quit after a year and a half. We both have Electrdynes now... you can tell a real difference. only issue I've had, was that my electradyne squeaks a little, especially if its not under load, but if goes away. PotBuilder, had me talk to the manufatuer and said it was most likely a rusty bearing. seemed better at first, but now its back, maybe I didn't get the right bearing. anyway, I would recommend the ElectaDyne.

Comment

The type of line you run causes them to "squeak" sometimes. I can always tell when i get to the floating line as its the quiet one.
            maybe not but it was free!

Comment

I bought the Discovery Bay puller two years ago. I absolutely love in. It truly “hands off” pulling. I set the line in it, turn it on and let it got to work. Easy to install and I can easily put it away and off the deck when I am not using it.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X