Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

place to take dad pike fishing

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • place to take dad pike fishing

    Hey everyone,
    I am going to have my dad out to go pike fishing next year. Tried to show him how great the salomon fishing was last year in Valdez. After catching a couple million pinks he said " man this is great...... are there any pike in here?"
    So would like to fish some real trophy waters. Fly in, Boat in?? Stay at a remote lake or river and maybe use a boat..
    Any suggested outfitters or ideas will be greatly appreciated!!!!
    Thanks in advance
    Jason

  • #2
    pike, yukon, charters

    trophy pike are said to be abundent in the yukon river area
    http://www.worldclassexpeditions.com/alaskahome.htm is a charter that was in fish alaska magazine
    good luck

    Comment


    • #3
      If you live near Anchorage you could head to the valley and go to Red Shirt lake. It's about a 3 mile walk in. The state has cabins there. Also Tip a canoe has canoes there to rent. You go and pay at there store and they will give you a key along with paddles and vest. The cannoes are loked up by the lake. The walk into the lake isn't bad at all.
      Yukon would be my first choice, The onoka river(sp), minto flats
      Living the Alaskan Dream
      Gary Keller
      Anchorage, AK

      Comment


      • #4
        If you live near Anchorage you could head to the valley and go to Red Shirt lake. It's about a 3 mile walk in. The state has cabins there. Also Tip a canoe has canoes there to rent. You go and pay at there store and they will give you a key along with paddles and vest. The cannoes are loked up by the lake. The walk into the lake isn't bad at all.
        Yukon would be my first choice, The onoka river(sp), minto flats
        Living the Alaskan Dream
        Gary Keller
        Anchorage, AK

        Comment


        • #5
          pike

          check out marina air (web site)in fairbanks..fly in to minto flats, cabin and boat all for under 200 bucks !! <*)))))))))))))))))))))><

          Comment


          • #6
            pike fishing

            Contact Bill O'Halloran at North Country River Charters.
            http://www.ncrc.alaska.com/

            Comment


            • #7
              Alexander float

              Drop off at Alexander Lake with a pick up at the mouth of Alexander Creek. Excellent northern pike fishing in Alexander Lake. Great float trip for families with children.

              Rating: Class I - Slow moving.

              Trip length: 41 miles (plan 4-5 days)


              http://www.trailridgeair.com/floattrips.htm

              Comment


              • #8
                i have a cabin on redshirt lake and have been fishing pike for a whie. always just stuck to lures like daredevils and vibraxes and caught pike after pike. i always catch em in the shallow weeds on points and such but they r just hammerhandles. id like to hook up with a monster sized pike. anything 30 inches or plus would be fantastic. does any1 have any advice on hooking up on big pike?

                Comment


                • #9
                  pike fishing in minto

                  i'm trying to find a place to get my daughter into some pike as well. since we're here in baghdad, i'm searching some websites. i found 1 that looks good but just emailed, so i have no response. but check out www.akpikefishing.com
                  i think it's what we're both looking for. she just told me the other day that mom hasn't taken her fishing one time all year, so it prompted me to start searching. i wish i could take her myself. for that matter, we should both be eating sheep by now. looks like the next thing up will be ice fishing if all goes well. anyway, check on that website and let me know if you find out anything. also i have an answer for you for that other burning question you had. email me offline and i'll fill you in. i'm at liberty now so diifficult to find.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Second on marina air. My dad and I flew in there for the overnight trip, and caught a ton of pike. The biggest weighed 25 pounds when we got back to fairbanks.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Yukon River drainages,
                      Hess Creek and all other clear water tributaries close to the bridge have pike in them. You could also look at George Lake. Tons of pike there.
                      "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
                      ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

                      Comment

                      Footer Adsense

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X