Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A pike brings a smile to an old mans face

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...a/12563c32.jpg
    It was 46 inches and our scale only went to 25 lbs.

Nice!

Any chance of you telling us about the secret hole?
    AKmud
    sigpic

The porcupine is a peaceful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Comment

Awesome fish. GPS coordinates in a PM would be mucho appreciated!!!! I need a smile too.
      I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
      Bill Hicks

Comment

Oustanding fish. Congrats! How long did you fight it for?

Comment

I really like the cot set-up in the boat. You don't have to worry about bears that way. Nice. Is that a homemade "sleeping room?"
          "Wine can of their wits the wise beguile, Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile." - Homer, Odyssey

Comment

pike

I would really like to tell you where we were fishing but the guy that took the picture gets really violent when I do that.
            The boat is a 24 X 48 Alweld with a 35 hp GoDevil for power. I average 6.5 mpg with a load; (better downstream, worse up). I built the cabin 2 years ago out of aluminum and Lexan. It's bug proof and rain proof and the beds are made out of surplus litters. They are very comfortable when you put a foam pad on them.

Comment

This is a good spot, but dont tell anyone I told you.
              64 26' 20"N, 157 50' 14"W (WGS84/NAD83)

Comment

Great pic, Stu. I just got a laugh seeing the gps coordinates. I haven't looked them up yet to see if they are in the middle of the tundra <grin>. More than likely, you guys will find out you need a godevil to get there!

I like that cabin, Stu...boat gets more uptown every year. Those pike sure are good eating.
                Best, Mark
                Mark Richards
                www.residenthuntersofalaska.org

Comment

Mark,
                  You haven't told me how you and Laurie did upriver. I hit 6 Chums with the prop while running upstream. You should get plenty of dog food this year.
                  stu

Comment

Nothing yet here

Stu, nothing here yet. We're still waiting for the first King this far upriver. Sometimes they don't make it this far due to water levels. Just back a bit ago with the kids, canoed out and checked the net. We're having whitefish for dinner, so we're happy. Our daily question of "What's for dinner?" has been answered <Grin>.

Best, Mark
                    Mark Richards
                    www.residenthuntersofalaska.org

Comment

Originally posted by godevilalaska
                      I would really like to tell you where we were fishing but the guy that took the picture gets really violent when I do that.
                      Thats OK, I will get John to tell me........well maybe.
                      I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
                      Bill Hicks

Comment

Innoko

I'd say that came out of the Innoko or there abouts. All of the tributaries around there are loaded with monster pike.
                        Justin

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X