Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little Su

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Little Su

    Going back tonight to do some fishing. I talked to a few people we didn't catch anything. Just wondering if anyone has had any luck out there yet.

  • #2
    I'm also wondering how the Lil Su is. Will be going out Fri. Last Fri it was ok early-I hooked one but did not land him. No action at all after about noon.

    Comment


    • #3
      i saw two fished hooked one landed and the other was lost after a boat crossed over his line.. Fish were everywhere just picky on what they were hitting on

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks, goKorn.
        Will be out there tomorrow-hopefully the rain will stay away.

        Comment


        • #5
          Talked to two fishermen today. They went down to Pt Mackensie, no boat, bank fishing and had their limits of silvers in an hour. Said others were doing as well also.
          "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
          ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

          Comment


          • #6
            Akres, How do you get down to Pt. MacKenzie? Thanks.

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm not akres, but I'll tell you how to get to Point Mack.

              Step 1: Get on Knik Goosebay Road and drive almost to the end of it.
              Step 2: Take a right on Point Mack road and follow it until the pavement ends.
              Step 3: Take a right when pavement meets dirt.
              Step 4: Follow the long straight stretch of dirt road until it Y's.
              Step 5: Take a right at the Y and follow it until you get to the Little Su campground.

              Hope that helps.

              Comment


              • #8
                Matt, Thanks much for the info.

                Comment


                • #9
                  bank fishing the LS

                  If you plan on fishing from the bank and don't mind a bit of a walk.... I'd hit the "My creek" trail. The trail head is on the right hand side just after you pass the gate and the sign for "fee area". There is a short guard rail there and you walk (or mt bike) in from there. The terrain is an easy walk/bike with only one small creek crossing which usually has a boardwalk up. The trail follows a section line and about 1/2 way to the river you take a left hand turn onto an adjoining section line which takes you to a pretty good hole that has a couple of camp sites and an outhouse. If you don't mind the walk, you will have a little less crowded bank to fish usually. I think it is about 1 mile back in to the river.
                  AKmud
                  sigpic


                  The porcupine is a peaceful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Skunked..again

                    Just got back. Bank-fished about 3/4 mile south of the launch for 3-4 hours. Nothing. Only saw 1 chum taken, no silvers the whole time. Guy told me yesterday, Thur, he could not keep them (silvers) off his hook. Lots of boats though and the boaters are bringing in some silvers.

                    AKmud, thanks much for the "my creek" info. I saw that spot but wasn't sure what it was-thought maybe just a hiking trail. I will try that next time.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Today's report

                      Just got back from a good day on the LS. Started fishing this morning around 0630 and we ended up landing 12 silvers (only kept 6), 4 chum and snagged 1 pink. My two eldest daughters (9 and 6) landed nice silvers around 4 pm this afternoon. The bite was good in the early morning but slowed significantly after around 1100 am. There were rollers consistently and the silvers were tucked tight under the cover of overhanging bushes and log jams. Chartreuse #3 Vibrax was the trick for us. Talked to a guide who said orange was his killer today. Definitely not the peak, but there are lots of fish in the river!
                      AKmud
                      sigpic


                      The porcupine is a peaceful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        We went out in a boat earlier Saturday morning (around 6 a.m.) and caught nothing but chums and pinks up river and below the launch. About 10 o'clock or so it really slowed down.

                        Comment

                        Footer Adsense

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X