Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cambell Creek

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cambell Creek

    Anybody had any luck on Cambell Creek with the bows yet? I friend an I caught a few small ones near Cst the other day and were wondering if anyone else had any good reports. Heard there's good fishing farther upstreem near Cambell Airstrip road, but haven't ventured that far yet! Any suggestions.

  • #2
    It has been a while since being there, at the old airstrip, but the Dollies were actually more plentiful and larger than any of the rainbows. Single egg pattern works well in those deep holes.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

    Comment


    • #3
      what r u using out there. I don't have a fly rod but do have some flys. What about eggs?

      Comment


      • #4
        Egg patterns

        I'm using single egg patterns as well. Fished near the trail last night that was closed because of the Brownie that chased the jogger and only caught a couple of small Dollies and saw no rainbows. Plan to do more exploring soon but I'm cautious because of the bear reports. There's plenty of old Kings in there.

        Comment


        • #5
          OK! im lost here. I was out on there all day fished all over the place didn't catch a thing. I need some basic help here. Where do the fish hang out? I was told "holes" but cant seem to find anything that looks like a hole.. If someone could give me a specific place to go? What to do,, and how to do it i would appreciate it so much. Thanks

          Also called in some kids that were netting kings and keeping them. Never saw Fish and Game show up, I was kinda mad about that.

          Comment


          • #6
            Go on past the bridge trailhead at the old Campbell Airstrip, to a parking area (wide spot) on the right. Go down over the hill to the west. Walk up and down the creek and find the brushiest, over grown, tree fallen places you can find. That is where the dollies and rainbows like to stay. Plenty of cover in that area. If you wade that stretch a bit, you will likely find holes, as they are deep enough that you cannot see bottom.
            "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
            ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

            Comment


            • #7
              shipbum

              Nice area-be careful lots of bears . A little further downstream there used to be beaver dams-have not fished them in years though.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by gokorn1
                Also called in some kids that were netting kings and keeping them. Never saw Fish and Game show up, I was kinda mad about that.
                I don't think F&G can do much; bioligists as far as I know. You need to call Fish & Wildlife troopers. That may not work either; kids have been abusing & taking kings down there for years.

                Btw, when you go upstream keep in mind that bait is illegal & be sure to make your presence known to the bears.

                Comment

                Footer Adsense

                Collapse
                Working...
                X