Any good lake to hike into

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any good lake to hike into

My father is coming up soon, we are both big into finding small lakes with big fish walking there and using a float tube. Any ideas on where I can find some nice fish in a remote are......we have no problem hiking 7-10 miles or more to find some real good fishing.

Punchbowl Lake in Misty Fjords

Punchbowl Lake is a beautiful alpine lake that is stocked very well by the State w/ Arctic Grayling. Big ones I might add. That lake is great fishing and a beautiful place to go...no combat fishing there. There are always floatplanes heading that way and a drop-off and pick-up for a day is cheap (as floatplanes go) or take your boat to Rugyard Bay and tie off to the Forest Service bouy. The lake is up a 1 1/2 mile trail.

King Salmon are so thick in the saltwater back there right now. You can catch them on anything!
    God, Guns and Guts is what made America Great

Comment

Lost Lake Trail

I have recently heard someone speak very favorably about the scenery and fishing of Lost Lake Trail near Seward. Also heard about a place called Paradise Lake. I think that there is an upper and lower Paradise Lake. All have been spoken of highly. You could research these names further to gain more perspective.
      The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
      Working...
      X